Utah Fanbase

Viewing 10 reply threads
      21 1

pedro
      Ute Fan
      @pedro

I love that the fans of a 4-0 team complains so readily about a proven, and one of the best in the country, coach!
      We’re 4-0, our back up is a freshman who is getting valuable playing time. With our D playing the level that they are, when would be a better time to get NJ time?

Every year it’s something. I wish people would just allow themselves to appreciate what we have and be happy.

DrahtUte
      Ute Fan
      @drahtute

It’s now pretty clear that Nate is going to have turnover problems. He’s likely going to have a couple per game – putting the defense in bad spots.

Nate’s exciting and has lots of potential. But if coaches have a chance to get Cam back, they have to pursue it as best they can.

This defensive unit is too good to waste on a development year for Nate if there’s another option available.

I’m going to enjoy the hell out of this season regardless. Defensive slugfests where we break the hearts of opponents are simply the best.

7 1

Ghost of the HEB
        Ute Fan
        @deseretgentlman

It is possible to appreciate where we are at while also acknowledging we are in trouble if there aren’t significant changes on offense — whether that be through players returning from injury, current starters playing better, trying new players, more effecting play calling, etc.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Maybe we should all just be happy that players are playing.

rbmw263
        Ute Fan
        @rbmw263

ball handling problems are very fixable and its far from sure hes going to have multiple turnovers a game.

Id rather have the ball handling issues than him making terrible decisions and throwing it right to defenders.

4 2

RedRocks
      Ute Fan
      @hypodactylus

We are all happy to be 4-0.

The team has been pretty lucky. Yes, the defense is fantastic. However, the offense has been terrible.

I think a reasonable fan can see that the teams we have been playing have made a lot of mistakes. When we start playing teams that don’t make mistakes, we better hope Kyle and Company can do better than run up the middle and punt…

Patrick
      Ute Fan
      @patrick

The booing from Utah fans I heard in RES on Saturday sure bummed me out. The players in Utah red out on the field — both starters and backups alike — are playing their hearts out and shouldn’t have to listen to that in their own house.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Nobody was booing players. They were booing the extremely predictable play calling.

Patrick
          Ute Fan
          @patrick

Regardless, I’ll never understand booing your own team for any reason. Saturday is the first time I’ve ever heard that in RES.

6 3

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

Well I didn’t understand why Utah just didn’t punt on first down. Seems way safer and nets the same result. Defense coming out and winning the game.

Patrick
              Ute Fan
              @patrick

I know you’re just joking and I get it. The goal was to not turn over the ball and kill time and let a top 5 defense destroy the opponent. You kill a lot of time running and waiting.

Utah’s always had a great defense but I think it’s the first time the unit’s so elite, we don’t even need an offense. It’s unreal. I watched that defense in awww Saturday. Save a play or two at the end of the game, the D’s performance was flawless.

1 1

EagleMountainUte
                Ute Fan
                @battlegroundute

Watch the end of Notre Dame vs Ohio state?

Utah needs to figure out their offense if you watch the decisions made in that game.
                As much as I agree this defense is elite. Utah needs to figure out who the QB is. I think making Rising go against OSU needs to be done. Especially if he is soaking up the reps.

Patrick
                  Ute Fan
                  @patrick

Make you a deal, if Morgan only puts 10 dudes out of the field during two key plays of the game, and folks boo, I won’t say a word about it then. That was some serious embarrassing football right there by ND.

EagleMountainUte
                    Ute Fan
                    @battlegroundute

I was talking more about the final ND offensive possession.
                    Your defense makes a huge stop and you come out with the dumbest ass play calling ever. But put it on the defense. Finally two guys must have said screw it.

Point being is a good offense makes for a great defense.

Central Coast Ute
                Ute Fan
                @flip2848

UCLA dropped 5 passes. If just a couple of those are completed, it’s a different game. The play calling has to get better. The defense can’t hold out forever. There’s no way Utah beats USC, UW, or UO if the offense only scores 7 points. Not going to happen.

6 2

The Miami Ute
                  Ute Fan
                  @themiamiute

UCLA dropped five passes AND Moore overthrew wide open receivers at least a couple of times. Oregon, Washington, and USC make the majority of those plays and run away with the contest.

Central Coast Ute
                    Ute Fan
                    @flip2848

Exactly. Utah’s defense is amazing, but we can’t act like they can win all of the games. The offense has to do their part to keep up with the better teams. Those teams aren’t scoring only 7 points. Even on this D.

EagleMountainUte
                    Ute Fan
                    @battlegroundute

Did you rewatch that pick six? I must have watched it 100 times. I can’t for the life of me figure out what Moore saw.

NEZ is a thing man.

2 1

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Well you have a lot of subjective terms in there guy.
      Are you talking about Utehub? Or just in general?
      I think fans of Utah are very appreciative overall. Seems like the fans had fun. Hell even the ones that like to criticize the offense are probably having fun. Everyone seems to be having fun. Even you. This seems like fun.

2 4

RoboUte
      Ute Fan
      @hamplate

“I love that the fans of a 4-0 team complains so readily about a proven, and one of the best in the country, coach!”

Buddy no one here hates Whitt, but at this point in his tenure there’s no point in pretending he doesn’t have shortcomings.

“when would be a better time to get NJ time?”

IDK ask our legendary coach, the one who is giving his practice reps to Lt Dan.

ORute
      Ute Fan
      @grute

The booing was clearly the playcalling, it became so obvious Helen Keller knew what we were going to run. No one is calling for mass firings or jumping off ledges, I think its just a genuine concern for our offense as we open conference play. We can and should be honest; our D and its depth is the best we’ve seen, our O is hot garbage. And the QB ambiguity is concerning and doesn’t help matters. I don’t see it as overly negative to give ideas, thoughts, input on the state of the O and how to improve it. Also, this is a cfb message board, we’re all just supposed to pump sunshine 24/7? Consider it a great reflection of the program that at 4-0 we can complain and expect better in certain areas

Patrick
        Ute Fan
        @patrick

The offense is so depleted with injuries it’s not much of a surprise things are rough right now.

It will change as players become healthy. Utah has yet to play its best football. Booing while your team is ranked in the Top 15 and winning is bogus regardless of excuse.

ORute
          Ute Fan
          @grute

Totally agree that injuries have been a huge factor, my gripes are with Ludwig–play calls, qb dev, etc, never with the players, and that’s the clearly the sentiment of the fans. The rare fan who bags on 18-22 year olds who give their heart for this team and university will always be lame, but I dont see that as the cases here. I think the players know this as well–we’re all football fans (short for fanatics). While im not one to boo, I also don’t think its some outrageous thing–after the 8th straight run up the middle. Look at Solomon’s Enis’ tweet postgame, even former players are complaining about the O. But we cant? Its all part of being a fan, the good and bad.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

9 guys on the line… you can’t throw a quick slant or a fade? There is no safety. It made no sense. I don’t know what Ludwig saw if anything.

5 1

22Ute22
      Ute Fan
      @utedagoat

Nobody was booing the players, nor should they. They were booing the coaching staff and play calling. If coaches are making mistakes, they deserve to hear it. They’re making millions of dollars a year. Did you see the ND vs Ohio State game? Notre dame lost on the last play because they didn’t have 11 players on the field, only 10. Marcus Freeman and their DC deserve a lot of criticism from ND media, national media, and their fanbase for that egregious mistake.

Patrick
        Ute Fan
        @patrick

Players and coaches alike hear the booing and think, “dang, we’re winning the game and about to 4-0. Why are they booing”??

Again, that’s the first time I’ve heard fans booing the Utes in RES and first time I’ve heard any fans boo while their team is actually winning the game on the field.

It was strange and fans who did it can justify it how they like I guess about the play calling, but it’s still lame as hell.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

The ND offensive possession prior to that was worst than 10 men. Which is applicable to us. Horrible play calling.

22Ute22
          Ute Fan
          @utedagoat

Absolutely, that screen pass was so incredibly stupid. They should have just run 3 times, or done a play action, and if Hartman didn’t see anything downfield, he could just fall to the ground. But I’m just an armchair coach, what the hell do I know lol.

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

You are a hater. All you do is hate. These players are giving it their all while the coaches make millions. Hater!

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

If you see a semi coming at you sideways, should you be happy in the fact that it hasn’t hit you yet? That’s the way I feel…I see three semis called USC, Oregon, and Washington coming at us sideways and, at this time, have no idea how we’re avoid them given the level of offense we’ve shown so far. Maybe that makes me a bad fan but I can’t fail to point out glaring issues that are going to cost Utah in future games.

5 1

Red Rhino
      Ute Fan
      @ryanute

I agree, the booing was clearly for the play calling. The booing comes because we feel bad for the players who are clearly giving it there all, but are being underutilized and everyone can see it. I’m guessing the offensive players feel underutilized as well.

What’s the point of having a forum if we are not allowed as fans to question the coaching? Should Tony just post something nice about the team every day and we all agree and thumb it up? That would be a pretty boring forum if everyone just talked about how great we are. Sounds too much like TDS. It is a great place to vent some frustration and celebrate the victories together.

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I’m not sure it is a good idea to question how a fan chooses to be a fan. We all have issues with the offense and we like/need to vent. Heck, Whitt has problems with the offense and I am sure he vents (probably to Meyer, Andersen, and other ex-coaching buddies).

Booing is never good IMO and this goes for booing the opposing team unless they have done something egregious.

Go Utes!!!

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

Disagree. Boo the refs when they favor USC or other teams.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Every time you boo a bad call in the PAC12 a ref gets his wings.

Viewing 10 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Utah Fanbase