Utah has come full circle

Viewing 2 reply threads

Uteified
      Ute Fan
      @uteified

I am happy that we landed on our feet from the imploding PAC 12, but I had to chuckle when I realized we have effectively come full circle. The Big 12 is very much like the old WAC, with Utah, BYU, ASU, Zona, and a bunch of Texas schools.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Interesting point.

3 9

Extra Medium
        Ute Fan
        @runningreddude

We are also back on the 2nd tier of media payouts and competitiveness…back to the outside looking in.

3 6

DrJazzy
          Ute Fan
          @docute

So you want to be back in the MWC. Got it.

GTFO. SEC/B10 were never coming for Utah lol. SLC market is way too small for them and Utah’s fanbase way too fairweather.

Roy Rangum
      Ute Fan
      @royrangum

I also look at how essentially the Big12 is full of all the original BCS busters / G5 powerhouses (Utah, TCU, USF, and Cincinnati). After we each had finally found acceptance in power conferences, it feels like all the blue blood programs have ditched us leaving us in a conference that represents the best of the rest. That said, I think Utah (and many of these other schools) play best when we play with a chip on our shoulder, and I hope we can continue our old ways of embarrassing some of the biggest schools on the biggest stage possible. While losing the PAC sucks, I hope the Big12 beats the Big10 and SEC at every chance it gets.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Utah has come full circle