Utah's Corners

Viewing 3 reply threads

SouthJordanUte
      Ute Fan
      @southjordanute

So when i first heard that Domo was starting I just assumed that meant Butler-Byrd was benched, but after I looked at it again it’s actually Porter that was benched. So the starters are Domo on the left side and Butler-Byrd on the right side. Did that kind of surprise anyone else?

401k-Ute
      @401kute

Not really. It seems to me that Porter has really struggled, even more so than Butler-Byrd. I wonder if Porter has completely recovered from the knee injury.

therealu
        Ute Fan
        @therealu

Agree. I had posted on UF.net a week or so ago that Porter had not looked good in either game. Was beat deep a few times, and was constantly a step behind is receiver on short and intermediate routes too. Not sure if it is rust, or effects from the injury, or both. Hoping he can get back to form soon.

Wilson’s Mustache
      Ute Fan
      @sigmaute

I really thought Reggie Porter was going to have a break out year. Especially after he was touted as the best player in fall camp last year & was doing much of the same in camp this year.

I guess its just one of those things that you never know until its a live game situation.

utegolfman
      Ute Fan
      @utegolfman

From the sound of it Butler-Byrd is going to get some run with the O. Will be interesting to watch.

GadValleyUte
        Ute Fan
        @maximumkungfu

I get the impression he knows his best shot at the NFL is on D and he wants to focus on that. I appreciate that, but his speed would be awesome on the offensive side. I think it would be great to get the ball into his hands more. Kinda like Weddle played both ways for us.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Utah's Corners