Ute Hub App Login Fixed – Try It Out

Viewing 2 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I’ve just come out of the very deep rat hole of code and research after fixing the app login issue from a couple of nights ago.  Those who use the app, try to login now and hopefully you’re good to go.  Somehow three crucial lines of code were nuked from a server file which handled authentication.  Not sure how that happened.  That file has been the same for at least a year and I didn’t touch it. Very suspicious/strange. 

Anyway, that caused me to dive back into the code of the app which surprisingly is due for an update.  I will work on that as I have free time. Probably no new features, but some old technology removed and more updated installed.  Some clean up here and there.  

Cheers and GO UTES!

Tony/Admin

AgouraUte
      @agouraute

Great work

BD
        Ute Fan
        @flyfisherman

Ya! Works for me. It was broken but now is fixed.

I too, am a software engineer. Been doing it since ’94, where I graduated from the U of U with a CS degree – so I have 25 years of experience writing code. So, I too, appreciate the hard work to keep this site going. People who don’t write code, have no idea of the complexity and time required to keep things up and running! Thanks!

SorryWife
      Ute Fan
      @sorrywife

As a software engineer I can only appreciate the time and effort you put into this site. Easily the best sports forum I’ve come across. Glad you found the problem🙌🏽

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Thanks. Appreciate that. What’s your focus?

SorryWife
          Ute Fan
          @sorrywife

Well since I’m pretty new to the industry I wouldn’t say I’m really focused on one particular area yet. I’ve done both front and backend work. Currently working for a medical company redesigning one of their web apps, currently rebuilding the backend then will redesign the front end. I love it though. 

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Ute Hub Site Ute Hub App Login Fixed – Try It Out