Ute teams 2004 vs 2019

Viewing 7 reply threads

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Who you taking?

Personally I think this 2019 has a lot more to prove. Right now I feel like it is one of the best teams I have ever seen in Utah. Haven’t hit their ceiling and I think this team would be -5 against 2004. 

loyter
      Ute Fan
      @loyter

Who here thinks that 2004 Utah would have lost to USC in the Coliseum?

Not me. To me, even if they’d given up a bunch of receiving yards, like 2019 Utah did, they’d have just countered by scoring more points.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

You can’t counter a hypothetical argument with another hypothetical. 😉

I wish Blackmon was healthy for that game and Moss didn’t go down. Those are my only excuses. Hypothetically I feel like Utah wins if those two important pieces played healthy. 

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

I think the game ends 50-49 and I’m not sure who wins.

The 2019 defense would do their thing, but that 2004 offense was a juggernaut. Nearly impossible to stop them.

sweetgrass
      Ute Fan
      @sweetgrass

its possible this 2019 team could be the best ever at Utah, even with the loss

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Obviously loads more to prove. I am like Whitt I really like this team and the way it plays. 

Huntley’s performances with his injury have also been a highlight for me. Moss also hasn’t been 100% either. fUCLA is coming into hornet’s nest Saturday. Leave it to a dumb Bear to come poking where he shouldn’t. 

PhiladelphiaUte
      Ute Fan
      @philadelphiaute

I absolutely LOVE this team, but I’m still picking the ’04 Utes to be the best team in Utah Football history!

UteBacker
      Ute Fan
      @utebacker

Great question…

Jury is still out on this team.  For now can I take the ’04 offense and the ’19 defense and build a super-team?

Utahute72
      Ute Fan
      @utahute72

Today I’d pick 2004.

UtahFanSir
      Ute Fan
      @utahfansir

BCS busting, undefeated, pirate ship, Fiesta Bowl blowout, Alex Smith et al. and Urban Meyer, to cap one hell of a season.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Ute teams 2004 vs 2019