Utefans,net is back to being the Bash Trump Board 24-7.

Viewing 7 reply threads
      6 2

Rick
      Ute Fan
      @rickyrules

If they have 1 or 2 threads a day over there about sports it is a shock.  All the board does all day is bash Trump and it is always the same handful of people doing it.  It is like a broken record and I am never going back.

1 1

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

My advice would be this: ignore them and post five times a day here. If everyone posted five non political posts a day, even just saying “yes, I agree”, this place would explode. 

5 1

Rick
        Ute Fan
        @rickyrules

When it first came back up there was a lot of normal sports posts but now that we are in the off season it has just gotten to a point that I just can’t stand it anymore.  I am staying put on Ute Hub.

3 1

Utebeam
          Ute Fan
          @utebeam

Yes, I agree.

Tacoma Ute
          Ute Fan
          @tacomaute

If they posted it in the proper category that would help. They know so many people have politics unchecked so they purposely post it in other categories.

Tacoma Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tacomaute

I’m getting close myself. It’s getting old.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I visited a week or so ago. The changes look much better.  I may stop by there once in a while but this is my home, obviously.  The Trump bashing and political posturing by both sides on social networking has gotten so nauseating.  It’s so toxic out there now.  

UtahFanSir
      Ute Fan
      @utahfansir

Meaningful endeavor, sounds like. 

2 1

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

You can tell UFN isn’t doing as well because of how much Rocker is posting. He’s posted more the last week than the last 10 years combined. 

Nows the time to take down the giant. 

3 2

PorterRockwell
        Ute Fan
        @porterrockwell

I heard you and rocker are best friends.  

UtesMuss1
      Ute Fan
      @utesmuss1

If they have 1 or 2 threads a day over there about sports it is a shock. All the board does all day is bash Trump and it is always the same handful of people doing it. It is like a broken record and I am never going back.

I like UFN because of the political posts. Here’s the thing, there’s absolutely nothing going on in sports right now. All I hear from those that don’t like politics or other difficult discussions is how UFN is bad. How about posting something that’s interesting to discuss? Contribute a post that isn’t politics. I don’t care where people fall politically but it makes for interesting conversations.

GameForAnyFuss
        Ute Fan
        @gameforanyfuss

I have (mostly) no problem with all the politics on uf.n, or here on utehump. While I only go to these sites for sports talk, I also have a thick skin and I know how to uncheck the politics category. In other words, political talk doesn’t directly affect me.

But here’s the problem: Politics drove away a lot of good posters on uf.n…posters who made good sports-related posts. Indirectly, that did affect me. I can’t uncheck good posters leaving. One reason uf.n is now mostly politics is because there are very few insiders and good sports posters left.

That’s why I’m against politics on utehump – not because it offends me, but because it will eventually drive good posters away. If the board content is the same on utehump as it was on uf.n, why would we expect the outcome to be any different?

SkinyUte
      Ute Fan
      @skinyute

I’m not sure how that’s terribly surprising, considering politics is dominating the national discussion right now.

I personally can’t get excited about softball, the Jazz/NBA, or new uniforms, and haven’t posted here in a month as a result.

If the choice is politics posts or nothing, I’ll take politics just to have something to talk about.

Newbomb Turk
        Ute Fan
        @newbombturk

I like the political posts too. Some interesting give and take.

ironman1315
          Ute Fan
          @ironman1315

But, at the same time, if someone posts an opinion that is counter to the majority, even if it is limited to fact checking, I have many posters pounce and rend with hairs split so finely that you’d need an electron microscope to see them

SkinyUte
            Ute Fan
            @skinyute

I guess I don’t get why that’s a bad thing or why people get so defensive about it. I enjoy hearing the multiple perspectives, no matter how much I may disagree with them.

Having people poke holes in my arguments makes me either re-evaluate those positions or figure out how to defend them better. Getting all huffy about it and claiming “they’re picking on me” seems incredibly silly. There are times when I’ve had to walk away from a discussion because I think the other party is being ridiculous, but that’s no reason to leave a community entirely.

Maybe that’s just me…

Newbomb Turk
              Ute Fan
              @newbombturk

It’s not just you. I feel the same way. And I’ve had to walk away from a few discussions where people were interpreting incorrectly something that I wrote.

ironman1315
              Ute Fan
              @ironman1315

That depends on the tone. If it’s reasonable then it’s fine. Too often I’ve seen outright vitriol that continues to escalate. I grant that often the one leaving in a huff could have dealt with it better but it has been a problem.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Misc Utefans,net is back to being the Bash Trump Board 24-7.