Up Next in FB:
Southern Utah at  Utah
Big 12 Now / ESPN+

Utes 7th in College Football Playoff poll

Welcome Big12 Fans and Foes Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Utes 7th in College Football Playoff poll

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      MineralUte
      Participant

Minnesota one spot behind at #8. Oregon coming in at #6. Looks like the winner of the Pac12 should be in.

Wooh…now we focus on the wins.

3 1
      Central Coast Ute
      Participant

Honestly I’m surprised. I thought Utah would stay put at #8. I figured MN would jump them and Penn St. Would fall back.

EagleMountainUte
      Participant

So LSU, Ohio St, Clemsuck and Utah? 

Utah gets LSU?  Burrows vs Huntley is a pretty cool storyline for me. Two highly efficient QBs. 

I don’t see it happening for some reason.  

Central Coast Ute
        Participant

I dont are it either. I think the PAC 12 misses out this year. But the CCG should be fun. It’ll probably be a top 6 match up as long as OU and the Utes win out up to that point.

2 2
      UM4G
      Participant

Committee putting Minnesota at 8 is telling to me… IMO that means they will jump them over Utah & Oregon with a couple more ranked wins (Iowa & Wisconsin). Every week that stupid USC loss becomes more & more glaring. Just keep winning Utes, just keep winning.

2 1
      Hellhound152
      Participant

Problem is this is chess not checkers.  Look 2 moves ahead.  Oklahoma now has 3 top 25 opponents in the last 4 games.  Gophers have 3 ranked including 1 higher ranked.  Utah and Oregon have each other.  Georgia and Alabama are interchangeable based on the SEC championship game.  The PAC 12 champ will need help to finish any higher than 5 with the games left in play based on the rankings.

Also, as much as it sucks to say, I am convinced the Utes would have been at 6 in the initial rankings had they beat SC and would have still been at 6 this week behind a 1 loss Alabama.

EagleMountainUte
        Participant

This is my reason. But we out here being Lloyd Christmas chasing this dream. 

Hellhound152
          Participant

Lloyd Christmas optimism can get you a long way in this world… haha

UM4G
        Participant

IMO if we had beaten USC we would be 4th right now – Bama would be behind because of their loss, and because none of their current wins are better than any current wins we have. Same with Georgia – their loss to SC would have them behind us even if they have some better wins.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.