UW’s coach suspended

Viewing 3 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

After Saturday night’s incident with his play – Washington decided to suspend the coach without pay.  They already fired their offensive coordinator.  Not good for us because they play ASU Saturday.  Oh well, we just need to keep winning.

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Also, OSU fired their D coordinator.  I can’t remember a season where so many mid-season firings have taken place.

Hellhound152
      Ute Fan
      @hellhound152

That was the best possible outcome for old Jimmy.

MDUte
        Ute Fan
        @mdute

Wow, finally had a chance to see the clip on YouTube. Maybe I’m missing something but I just don’t get what all the fuss is about. I can see Lake getting fired based on the team’s results this year but definitely not for this. Maybe they’re looking for an excuse to avoid having to pay Lake some large buyout for terminating him early. But if so, I would think they’d have a lawsuit on their hands that Lake would win. Here’s the clip for anyone who hasn’t seen it:

Jimmy Lake strikes player during Oregon game

Hellhound152
          Ute Fan
          @hellhound152

The villagers are getting restless and want him gone.  They thought this was the break.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Well he is a bad head coach. But also he keeps making bad decisions:

But Lake is in hot water after the incident. Lake denied “striking” his player, instead saying that he was separating the two players.

“I separated them,” Lake said viaSports Illustrated’s Ben Pickman. “I didn’t strike him, I separated them.”

astUTE
          Ute Fan
          @astute

I completely agree with your assessment.  If every D1 football coach, even so far this year, had been fired for that level of irritation and bad reaction, I could probably personally land a D1 coaching replacement job!

I’m in no way justifying what he did, just putting some realistic perspective on it.

Seriously, it was a stupid move on Jimmy Lake’s part, and not a good look, but if they fire him, it will be for lack of wins, and his attorneys wil probably force the buyout.

GreatNorthernUte
      Ute Fan
      @greatnorthernute

Jimmy has one more year unless he wins the North.  Outside staff not loyal to Jimmy are being brought in partly to keep an eye on him.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football UW’s coach suspended