Vernon is obviously no Mariota

Viewing 1 reply thread

TorontoUte
      Ute Fan
      @torontoute

How much success will he find against our secondary? I didn’t see the Mich St. game but I watched him against EWU, and he looked pretty good. I think I remember the secondary getting beat more often than I’d like against fresno, and that aint gonna cut it against OU

THEeyepatch
      Ute Fan
      @theeyepatch1

But Vernon is the type of QB that has given Utah ‘fits’ the last few seasons. I did watch the Oregon/Mich St. game and he played well, made some nice passes. He also made some mistakes and tried to force some throws. The Ute secondary will be tested and tested quickly.

If you think the secondary was bad against Fresno State, then you weren’t paying much attention. The Ute secondary owned them. Remember, Utah was up 24-10 when Fresno even began showing any signs of life and I think that was only because it appeared the route was on.

I will say that the Utes need to play all 60 minutes for Utah to win this game. It should be entertaining.

GO UTES!

TorontoUte
        Ute Fan
        @torontoute

I was somewhat preoccupied while the game was on. I just remember 21 2nd half pts which is A LOT! Hopefully it’s because some younger guys were getting reps? I think our boys can get the dubya at Oregon, but as you said, they have to be all in for 60 minutes

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Vernon is obviously no Mariota