Was Stanford Kyle’s last home game

Viewing 10 reply threads
      2 1

homer
      Ute Fan
      @homer

I’m reading speculation that the NIL, offensive turnover, his age, and Scalley’s new contract add up to a good chance Kyle hangs it up at seasons end.

UtahFootballGM
      Ute Fan
      @uofusportsguy

where are you reading this? 

UtahFootballGM
      Ute Fan
      @uofusportsguy

i think if they win the rose bowl, he’s highly likly to retire. 

1 2

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

I think it was after the TDS loss last year that we had these same rumors start up. I remember hearing he didn’t want to coach in his 60’s. The expansion of the CFP has me intrigued but at the same time the new structure of CFP is kind of tiring. 

Good luck to him if so but I won’t sweat it. 

I don’t have much confidence in the current AD in hiring his replacement.  If he goes with Scalley I will be happy though. 

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

Yes, Scalley, please.  He will keep things similar to the way KW ran things.  He is familiar with the area, Polynesian and LDS recruiting, and the culture AND I believe he is a heckuva coach.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

A lot depends on who he hires. Unfortunately for Scalley he doesn’t have much of a coaching tree. I honestly can’t think of a similar situation to him in a comparable P5 program. 

If he picks up Sitake after his forthcoming firing I won’t have much confidence truthfully. While I liked Sitake at the time I feel like Utah has outgrown him if that makes sense. It sounds terribly arrogant honestly.

So much uncertainty after this season for sure. 

2008 National Champ
            Ute Fan
            @cptmrgn05

I honestly can’t think of a similar situation to him in a comparable P5 program.

Look no further than Jimmy Lake at UW. Hand-picked successor to Petersen. Managed to run the program into the ground in less than two years.

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

If I was KW, I’d certainly be considering hanging it up. He’s made enough money for a few lifetimes, is still young enough to be able to enjoy life in good health, and has accomplished a ton of things for Utah football. He’s also never struck me, because of the variety of interests he has, as a guy who would die with his boots on. If he does retire, I’d additionally have a hard time believing that Scalley would get passed over for someone coming from the outside

4 1

OldAsDirtUte
        Ute Fan
        @oldasdirtute

If Scalley is not the next Coach, we should immediately look for a new A.D.

SalUteopia
      Ute Fan
      @saluteopia

I’m not prepared for this even as a conversation <shrugs in denial>.

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

IF KW retires, I’m guessing it will be within the next month or two depending on what NIL damage occurs to Utah in December especially if Utah loses Saturday and is out of the P12 Championship. All that is going on with NIL, transfer portal, recruiting and player purchasing has to be exhausting. Retired with tons of cash, skiing, playing golf, hanging with his family sounds hell of a lot more fun then coaching college football the way things are headed. Enjoy the last few weeks of the season, big changes ahead.

W16Ute
      Ute Fan
      @w16ute

Why would you suppose he just signed an extension this off-season if he was looking to retire so quickly?

1 3

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

Please hire Urban Meyer for 3 yrs. 🙏🙏🙏

D T
      Ute Fan
      @azute1

I have my doubts…..It seems it’s still a few years off.

URow
      Ute Fan
      @urow

I doubt it is, but if it was, I think Scalley, Brian Johnson, and Dan Mullen are the first calls I make. 

Viewing 10 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Was Stanford Kyle’s last home game