Washington State releasing players supporting #WeAreUnited movement.

Viewing 6 reply threads

cjd1
      Ute Fan
      @cjd1

cjd1
      Ute Fan
      @cjd1

This is their proclamation.

4 3

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

I guess this settles the starting QB question.
        Bentley playing this season

mfaulk80
          Ute Fan
          @mfaulk80

Bentley posted the same thing on his Twitter account.  Some are showing support without actually holding out…

I’d link the Tweet, but I don’t know how…

Central Coast Ute
            Ute Fan
            @flip2848

Yes, he posted the sign, but also said he’s playing. I guess all that tells us is that not everyone that retweets it, plans to boycott.

7 2

RiseasUtes
      Ute Fan
      @riseasutes

Bye bye WSU recruiting.  I don’t agree with all the players are asking for, but to kick them off the team is a terrible look.

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

“That’s going to be an issue if you align with them as far as future stuff,” Rolovich said…

espn.com article

utefansince79
        Ute Fan
        @utefansince79

Remember when (I believe it was 11) players for Wyoming wanted to wear protest arm bands against BYU?  They were kicked off the team and their program never recovered.

Stone
          Ute Fan
          @stone

I imagine there are bigger reasons why Wyoming football is not a powerhouse.

Central Coast Ute
            Ute Fan
            @flip2848

Wyoming was a pretty good WAC team back in the 70s. I can’t say that that was the reason they fell off, but as far as mid majors went, they were pretty good.

7 3

ladyinred
      Ute Fan
      @ladyinred

Woah! Mike Leach is not at WSU anymore? Totally missed that.

Maybe an unpopular opinion around here, but I agree with the article that the list of demands is mostly reasonable and really symbolic – apart from the 50% revenue thing which is not happening. And ffs, if we can’t give players assurances around their heath during a pandemic, we should be ashamed. I think the smart administrations will make a gesture to negotiate. WSU looks terrible here and this will cause turmoil for the team. Great! No love for kewgers!

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

I don’t think it’s an unpopular opinion. It seems like a lot of people believe that most of the demands are reasonable. The 50% being the main one that isn’t. Also, forcing Stanford to bring back the sports they cut isn’t really reasonable either.

CB
          Ute Fan
          @solidhobo

The other unreasonable one is demanding that the Pac12 football conference go back in time to when these players faced racial injustice in southern California on 6th street when that one racist white male called them the n-word. How the hell is it the Pac12’s responsibilty to fix racial injustice??

Thlete
        Ute Fan
        @thlete

Some misinformation going on around this (though I don’t mind WSU getting trashed in recruiting for it). Here’s the actual audio that was illegally recorded and posted by the player. He called the coach to inform him that he’s opting out of the season because he has sickle cell anemia and is worried about COVID so coach told him to clean out his locker and don’t join workouts to keep him and team safe. But he did speak a bit harshly about the movement and could have used more tact there.

Call recording

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

This should help put it into context

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

“Eliminating lavish spending and facility expendatures.” Now athletes are uniting against that which helped to recruit your ass to said school???  This is brilliant…

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

I think the goals of the current uprising in the States may be lost in translation.

Heike
      Ute Fan
      @heike

Back in the ’60s, Wyoming was a powerhouse. One year they beat Florida St. in the Sun Bowl. The following year they went to the Sugar Bowl. Yeah, they were good.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Washington State releasing players supporting #WeAreUnited movement.