We are what we are

Viewing 1 reply thread

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I hope Utah wins out and goes to the Rose Bowl.  But, I need to be realistic.

Do I think there is a team on our schedule that we cannot beat?  No, I think we could beat any of these teams on a given day.

Is there a game that I think is a sure win?  I thought UCLA was that game until last night.  A few weeks ago I thought Arizona or Colorado may be a sure wins.  Not now.  Also, we have no idea if Moss will return and if he does – when.

My expectation is that we will lose about 4 games total.  I think it will be a mix of games we should win and some we should lose.

I thought that our defense would keep us in games.  I have not seen that ability from our defensive backs.  The loss of the two safeties and our two outstanding linebackers from last year’s team took a bigger toll than I thought.  Our line is still excellent, but they cannot do it on their own.

I will watch each game with the hope we can pull it out, but realizing it will not be easy.  I am concerned that any of our remaining opponents can exploit our defensive backfield.  I hope that Scalley and Shaw can fix it with adjustments.  This Saturday should tell us a lot.

I do think that there are some things to be positive about including Vickers, Huntley, Thompson on offense.  

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

Agree. Utah is definitely more in the middle of the cannibal pack. UW or Oregon win the P12 Championship. Utes looking at UW and two other losses or more with Moss out. Kyleball puts so much offensive burden on the RB and dependence on defensive scoring.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football We are what we are