We can’t afford missed opportunities

Viewing 3 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

We start the heart of our PAC12 schedule this weekend.  We have blown many opportunities this season and it cost us the Florida game.  In the next three games, we could afford to blow some chances and still win.  We need to be better than that going forward.

Look at the Bills losing to the Dolphins last Sunday.  The Bills had 497 total yards to 212 for the Dolphins and lost the game. It came down to many missed opportunities for the Bills.

The teams we are playing are too good.  We need to do better in the red-zone and 3rd/4th and short plays.  We can and should win the next two weeks.   However, it won’t take too many mistakes to blow it.

Go Utes!!!

Yergensen
      Ute Fan
      @yergensen

This ^ sums up our season right here.  We hit on our red zone opportunities last year, this year we haven’t (bottom of FCS in this category).

Even though we brought back almost everyone on offense the red zone productivity didn’t follow.  If we can get back to last year’s red zone success, we’re in for another great year.

utefansince79
        Ute Fan
        @utefansince79

Offense needs to consistently convert on 3/4th down and short and simimarly defense needs to stop the opponent on similar plays.  Didn’t happen in the Swamp where we would have otherwise won or in a few of the other games.

RedRocks
        Ute Fan
        @hypodactylus

I feel like a lot of this has to do with the run game. Seems like they have been unable to pick up 2 to 3 yards on the ground when we need them.

3 3

ProudUte
          Ute Fan
          @proudute

I agree.  It appears that we miss Ford, Bam, and Fotheringham more than we expected.

5 3

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

Disagree strongly with criticism of the Oline on the goal line.  At least against Florida I don’t see it that way. I see the majority of the problems on Rising. 

Central Coast Ute
              Ute Fan
              @flip2848

TT falling over on the 3 yard line didn’t help either.

stbone
              Ute Fan
              @stbone

I wouldn’t say it is as much a criticism of the current line as praise for how epic Ford, Fotheringham, and Bam were at demolishing a defense.

EagleMountainUte
                Ute Fan
                @battlegroundute

This same time last year we were all highly critical of the Oline play. Rising has had chances to make plays. He forced the INT against Florida when he could have played for another down or OT. TT tripped on Risings leg. Of all positions I would put the Oline ahead of most of the other offensive guys. 
                I am not going to blame Rising for the pass Enis dropped. That is essentially what a lot of us do for the Oline. TT is out of shape. Must be because Bam is gone…?? Really?

ProudUte
              Ute Fan
              @proudute

I was not trying to throw our Oline under the bus.  I think they are fine.  However, Bam was pancaking the D-ends by midseason last year, and people much smarter than me have said how much we miss Fotheringham’s blocking.

Honestly, I think our Oline this year outperformed the Oline last year in the first four games.  Then the line came together and played great.

Chidojuan
                Ute Fan
                @chidojuan

Give Logan Kendall a little time to get his feet under him.  He’s already dominating people.  He had himself a game at ASU.  Hans Olsen does a great breakdown of some of the blocks he got.  He’s ready to take some peoples souls.

3 4

belli1976
      Ute Fan
      @belli1976

I think we can miss opportunities. The end.🙄

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

Let the boys play and enjoy the ride. That’s my opinion.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

We will miss some opportunities, but we well make some as well. 

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football We can’t afford missed opportunities