We had a dominating victory over UCLA last night

Viewing 2 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

The score was the most dominating.

We almost doubled them in total yards.

We held them to 50 yards rushing and only 269 yards total.

We had over 500 yards offense.

We got 5 turnovers and only gave away 1.

Our red-zone defense was amazing.

Was there anything not good?  I would say two things.

1. They converted over 50% of their third downs in the first half and some of those were third an long.

2. We allowed them in the red-zone way too often.   We prevented them from scoring TDs, but we shouldn’t even let them get that far as often as they did.

Overall, total domination for sure.  But, we will need to be better on third down defense when we play Oregon IMO.

Oregon has its own issues IMO.  We should be able to exploit them.  I know I am biased, but I think we look like the better team overall.

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

,Coach Whitt did the punt the game was not right either. The fake punt shouldn’t have been and they had too many players on the field and had to use a time out. In this game it probably doesn’t matter but that’s what he could knit pick.

UtahFanSir
      Ute Fan
      @utahfansir

Oregon has its own issues IMO.  We should be able to exploit them.  I know I am biased, but I think we look like the better team overall.

I posted an article from the Oregon paper above under Pac-12 category. Some of those “issues” are laid bare.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football We had a dominating victory over UCLA last night