Webmonkey's Final Expenses

Viewing 10 reply threads

61Shasta
      @61shasta

I’m going to try to keep this as civil as possible. Chris’s wish was to be cremated with no funeral, viewing or ceremony other than an informal celebration of his life which is happening on Saturday. His brothers and sisters are covering the full cost of the cremation and other costs associated with his death. If you have a desire to help the family with this cost may I strongly suggest that your donation be made directly to Jenkins Mortuary in Murray or to Chris’s sisters and brothers directly rather than through any crowdfunding website that you might find a memorial fund set up?

SkinyUte
      Ute Fan
      @skinyute

Oh man, I can only hazard a guess as to the circumstances that would require this sort of warning. 🙁

AZswayze
        Ute Fan
        @AZswayze

Between his health problems and the personal issues, that were unfortunately made public, he obviously had a lot of heavy s**t on his shoulders. Regardless of what took place with Ufn or in his personal life, I feel for his family, and if there’s a silver lining it’s that he no longer has to deal with the pain (physical or mental) that seemed to plague him the past few years.

I left a pretty straight forward final post a few months back on Ufn, and I hope Chris never took it personally. It was apparent that he was going through some serious trials, and my frustration was completely with the demise of the site itself. In the end, he did create a community that gave a lot of people a place to interact with likeminded individuals (sportswise anyway), and gave all of us a great source for entertainment and Utah related talk.

3 6

Utahute72
          Ute Fan
          @utahute72

You last comment is why I never understood those “I’m leaving posts”. Use of these sites is voluntary and completely up to your own desires. If you’re frustrated, unhappy or whatever, just leave.

AZswayze
            Ute Fan
            @AZswayze

In that post (link below) I specifically said that I wanted him to know that I was leaving due to the site constantly going down, and no update being done even after the donation drives. A lot of people stopped frequenting the site due to the same reasons, and I figured that making a public declaration might make him think about whether or not the site was important enough for him to fight for. It had nothing to do with me personally, and I didn’t use it as a podium to call out other members.

And, I didn’t want to bring this up in light of the news, but you had to offer a bulls**t response; many of us donated and were told that some of the money would go toward updates (at least expected hosting to be paid). It was voluntary, but when nothing was updated and more money was asked for it left a bad taste in my mouth, and I know many others who were none too pleased. All grudges have been long forgotten, and I’m sorry I had to even mention this. Thanks for the input though, 72, solid as always.

http://www.utefans.net/message.php?id=1858884

Milton Vanderslice
              Ute Fan
              @miltonvanderslice

I don’t read posts with less than 25 stars.

Puget Ute
                Ute Fan
                @pugetute

Only one more to go!

Utahute72
              Ute Fan
              @utahute72

I understand the frustration. It was more a general statement than directed at your specific post. It always seemed like someone would make a big production of leaving, then two weeks later show up again. It always felt like grandstanding. I know in that last few months many tried to get his attention focused back on the site but were unsuccessful.

Uterider
      Ute Fan
      @uterider

Good God is his ex trying to shake some money out of this?

3UteDad
      @3utedad

Chris had kids, correct? Do you know their circumstances? Was he able to leave anything behind to help provide for them? Perhaps one of his siblings could let us know.

61Shasta
        @61shasta

Since it has now been made public knowledge by Kara here’s where Chris’s life insurance sits.

“As if things weren’t already hard enough with the loss of my husband. The bad news just keeps coming! 😭😭💔 Life Insurance says that there is no insurance!”- Kara on Facebook

According to a family member Chris took out a life insurance policy on himself to insure that his daughters would be financially stable. The last payment on that policy was made in November of 2016. The policy terminated on December 31 for non-payment.

That being said, Chris’s ex-wife (his childrens’ mother, not Kara), who has custody of Kyra, the younger daughter (the older daughter is over 18) has remarried and is financially stable and while Kyra won’t have the funding Chris wanted, she is well taken care of.

If anyone would care to help Chris’s family with final expenses, you are very welcome to contact Jenkins-Soffe Mortuary in Murray or reach out to Chris’s family tomorrow or at your convenience.

HoopUte
      Ute Fan
      @hoopute

I wish I could say I’m surprised by the message implied here, but I’m not.  I’ll leave it at that.

Big Z
      Ute Fan
      @bigz

Yeah, don’t donate anything to the gofundme effort, give directly to his brother/sister or the mortuary. The fact that the person behind that is trying to profit after his passing is disgusting.

MV
      Ute Fan
      @midnightversion

Thanks for pointing this out, Shasta. She has no shame.

Utahute72
      Ute Fan
      @utahute72

Chris’ ex remarried and had primary custody of the kids. Unless something changed in the last couple of years, financially they should be fine, emotionally is another thing.

MV
      Ute Fan
      @midnightversion

Big Z
        Ute Fan
        @bigz

I like how she edited the summary to say it’s not to her personal benefit.  

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

It’s hard for me to read and react to this objectively, without suspicion, without wondering what life insurance pays less than 3K, and without sadness.

Tacoma Ute
        Ute Fan
        @tacomaute

Wow. Still only at $150.

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

It’s mind boggling. Fundraiser from the grave basically.

LadyUte
      Ute Fan
      @emilymiller

Very sad situation. Ive tried to stay neutral through all the drama.

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

The best UFN related source of funds is sale of the domain. Not time to push on that but this doesn’t seem that complicated.

Viewing 10 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Webmonkey's Final Expenses