SalUteopia
      Ute Fan
      @saluteopia

Kentucky #9 and Florida #18

Surprised that we dropped a spot.

THEeyepatch
      Ute Fan
      @theeyepatch1

Why? They may drop again next week playing an unranked SDSU who Arizona beat handedly but imploded last night at home v. Mississippi State. #thanksArizona #goDucks

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

The dataset that is a college football season is too much for my dim brain to parse.

Tednab
        Ute Fan
        @tednab

Not sure why this is so surprising to people .. still think were in a good place if we run the table; which might be a bit more challenging .. a win over USC game can rectify that Florida loss … pac 12 needs to start winning their games tho

SalUteopia
        Ute Fan
        @saluteopia

To clarify, I’m surprised from a voter-consistency standpoint, not that Utah deserves to be ranked higher. Poll inertia generally tends to hold in the first few weeks due to a small sample size. At this point, only Georgia is looking the part. Florida shouldn’t be ranked IMO, but I’m good with it because it helps us.

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

I’m not surprised. Also not surprised that BYU jumped us.

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

That stadium was on fire last night, such a fun game – Mormons v Texas Baptists.

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

Awesome seeing the 2-3s getting reps yesterday. Glover is a beast. Oline is solid. Barnes and Jackson looked good. Following won’t be popular obersations so down vote away. Based on what I’ve seen so far after two games, Utes lose at least one game before USC comes to town. Too much front 7 weakness. Utes lack a combination of talent experience, and traditional Ute toughness on the Dline and LB to this point. IIRC, one sack in the last two (three counting the RB) games against as we know now two not very good teams. WRs may be better off running drills with the Oline at this point. Rising has two primary targets throwing the ball down field. Lost count on how many times Utah has run the hand-off to the RB-pitch back to Rising who throws to a not open Vele down field. 

Bummer Dixon, Vele, and Enis have not evolved into WR threats. Two catches for Vele and zero for Ennis (honestly  not sure if he played) yesterday. Good to see Dixon get action. ASU, UCLA on the road with OSU at home before USC are tough games. If OSU beats USC and UCLA is undefeated before playing Utah, Utes have big challenges ahead. ASU is a wild card. Anything can happen in the P12 conference. I hope I am wrong and Utes meet up with USC as two top 10 ranked teams. Go Utes!

tanute3
        Ute Fan
        @tanute3

I feel okay about our linebacker play. But absolutely agree that the D line NEEDS to get more pressure without blitz help. USC offense will tear us up if we don’t get pressure.

SalUteopia
        Ute Fan
        @saluteopia

Agree with the overall sentiment, Trail. Not sure what to make of the P12, including our our team. Barring Colrado, anybody could beat anybody on a given day.

Tednab
        Ute Fan
        @tednab

Pretty spot on imo .. Team definitely has some more work to put in going forward ; which isn’t bad . Hoping they get it figured out and peak at the right time ; staying injury free .. On a good note , special teams have been much better

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

What’s complete BS is Oregon dropping out after losing to Georgia but ATM staying in after losing to App State…

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

Polls are personality contests.

Tednab
        Ute Fan
        @tednab

Oregon has a chance to make up for their loss against byu this next week

dystopiamembrane
          Ute Fan
          @dystopiamembrane

I am so excited about this game! I am going to watch it at a bar, so that I can absorb Duck fan ire when the Cougars start stomping them.

SalUteopia
        Ute Fan
        @saluteopia

Also, Oregon being ranked but Wazzu not. It’s a donut within a donut.

dystopiamembrane
          Ute Fan
          @dystopiamembrane

No one believes in Wazzu except Wazzu fans.

bopahull
        Ute Fan
        @bopahull

SUU came awfully close to blocking our punts yesterday. I don’t know if punt protection has improved.

prestitute
        Ute Fan
        @prestitute

They need to stay ranked to help the SEC justify its position (even though they are clearly #1 so far this year). A&M will be out of the rankings soon. Their schedule has 3-4 more losses on it, imo. And it could be 7.

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

USC is 7th – Link

SalUteopia
        Ute Fan
        @saluteopia

Correct, USC is #7. I’m unable to edit the subject line.

dystopiamembrane
          Ute Fan
          @dystopiamembrane

The ‘Edit This’ link is confusing. One edits the subject line in the box below the text ‘Topic Title (Maximum Length: 80):’

SalUteopia
            Ute Fan
            @saluteopia

Ah that worked, thanks dystopia!

dystopiamembrane
              Ute Fan
              @dystopiamembrane

I’ve been around the block a few times.

PhiladelphiaUte
      Ute Fan
      @philadelphiaute

I’m not surprised at all.  When you play “small ball”, nobody cares that you’d scored 70+ points in a game.  If Utah had have played UNLV or Colo St instead of SUU, it’s likely we wouldn’t have dropped at all.

FCS teams should only be played in November — if at all — where they can serve as a quasi-bye week, and we’d have already had some games under our belts to show the pollsters that they don’t need to drop us a spot or two when we win.

prestitute
      Ute Fan
      @prestitute

Not surprisee we dropped. It was based on UF lioking like trash in the 2nd half. I am sad that we got good AR and UK git the AR we thought we would cause. Stoops dialed up a better scheme with the spy and zone. Our man press made it more simple for AR to make reads and exploit contain issues. Sometimes styles make fights. That said, it was the points we left on the field and that INT that killed us. We are a few plays away from a top 5 ranking right now. 14 us great though. Now we look up at USC and get to use our chip as a cuggle.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Week 2 AP Poll: USC #7, Utah #14, Oregon #25