We’re #120!

Viewing 3 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Utah Basketball ranks 120th. Give Larry a raise and contract extension! Lock him down!

UteBacker
      Ute Fan
      @utebacker

We’re ranked that high???  Sweet!

Utes 69
      Ute Fan
      @slc123

Utah Basketball ranks 120th. Give Larry a raise and contract extension! Lock him down!

My response…still dis-like coach K!

UtahManSir1984
      Ute Fan
      @utahmansir1984

I’m new here, been a fan my whole life. I grew up during the Majerus years, so obviously I’m probably spoiled. Having said that, my question is: How in all of God’s green goodness can LK have four of our top ten highest rated recruits on the same team and not be able to do anything with them. I’ve been a wait and see guy, but if he can’t produce with this talent…

Ute2
        Ute Fan
        @ute2

I really like krysto and everything he’s done for the program.

he brought us out from under those horrid boylen years amd gave the program some respect again.

and I think he is a great coach in A lot of phases.

but he’s just backwards offensively.  And I fully blame him for gach leaving amd for gach not becoming a p12 poy candidate here amd for an underachieving offense.   That shoulda never happened. Last years team was a tourney team with what they accomplished pre- conference.  

I really do love k and what he’s accomplished but the deficiencies are starting to be inexcusable for me and my support of him.  

unless we have amd absolutely elite big a-la poetle or even a David collete, we cannot and will not go anywhere under the K way.

amd those bugs don’t just come along everyday.

but we have so much other great talent on this team.  I don’t know why he refuses to coach to it.

UteBacker
          Ute Fan
          @utebacker

1. most of us appreciate that Coach K lead us out of the abyss

2. most of us like the man as a person

3. some of us think he’s plateaued

4. some of us think we should be better than the 120th team based on Larry’s top 20 salary

UtahManSir1984
            Ute Fan
            @utahmansir1984

I’m definitely a “most of us” starting to become a “some of us”. As a counter argument to myself I guess, there is always the chance we remove K from the job or bully him into leaving and end up with a Boylen or Giacoletti.

This is the only thing keeping from jumping on the wagon fully. I’ll take LK over those other two clowns a hundred times over.

UteBacker
              Ute Fan
              @utebacker

I agree, we certainly don’t want to go back to those days, although the worst thing a program can endure is being in purgatory… that is not horrible and not great… just kind of “there”.  I’m a fair-weather fan when it comes to our basketball program.  They have to be great for me to pay attention and watch.  I couldn’t tell you when we play next or who we even play.  That’s scary for a program.

I can’t decide if it’s the Utes I’m down on or college basketball in general.  I haven’t watched March Madness in three years.  I don’t even know who’s good anymore.  I’m also a Majerus-era spoiled brat so there’s that.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.