What I want to see at QB vs Arizona

Viewing 3 reply threads

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

I hope Whitt/Ludwig’s first play from scrimmage is a good old fashioned wildcat. No, wait, I change my mind. I want a wildcat, but I want to see Covey take the snap and option run. 

Blow everybody’s mind. No one will see it coming. 

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

Play action pass for 75 yards and a td. 

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

That would be awesome. Let the REAL QB controversy begin. Covey goes on to throw for 3,000 yards in a 9 game season and is drafted #1 by the Jets…dang. What a sad ending. 

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

Covey downs the kickoff at the 1 yard line. He takes the snap in the wildcat formation, play action, 50 yard bomb to kuithe, who pulls a hook and ladder to Enis, who then throws a lateral to the other side of the field where covey is sprinting down the sideline. Then, because covey is so unselfish, he pulls another hook and ladder after running to the middle of the field, this time to Nick Ford who trucks 6 defenders at the goal line to get the touchdown.

Dallas
      Ute Fan
      @dallas

Let’s start Covey at QB for the first game and see what happens.

2 2

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I hope we open up the playbook.  I like what Grimes has done this year with the Cougars.  The defense never knows what to expect.  Granted they have not played a tough D.  Nonetheless, he keeps their opponents guessing.  It also helps with future opponents like Boise because they have to plan for these plays.

We have a lot of offensive talent this year.  We have depended on our defense most years to win games.  I believe we will need the offense to deliver for us to have a good season.  IMO this means more than running the ball between the tackles 60% of the time.  We have three game-changing wide receivers and a tight end that can do more than just catch and block.

Go Utes!!!

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football What I want to see at QB vs Arizona