What is different about Whitt now…

Viewing 3 reply threads
      3 1

Longview
      Ute Fan
      @longview

Is that he is not going to fire Taylor and a solid OC with stability to build a system and recruit to the system can be the missing piece.  The defense is generally solid, the offense can be likewise.  …. this could improve the recruiting game which is generally on the rise anyway.

I.e., past performance (which is solid btw not counting this year) is not a simple basis for predicting the future.

12 1

Longview
      Ute Fan
      @longview

and BTW, Whitt is a great coach.  Not perfect, but great.  I think the man honestly deserves lifetime loyalty status.  Sue me

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Just curious who is a perfect coach if that is the highest bar I want to know who.

Does it go: 1- Perfect 2- Great 3- Good etc. I just want to know how people are measuring him is all. I agree Whitt is a top 20 coach is that your idea of Great?

2 1

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

This is a chicken and egg discussion, but I think a lot of the OC issues have been talent related. 

Ive said this 100 times, but I think Whitt built his defense first. Put all the talent there. Now, he is building the offense (look how young, but talented we are). 

Taylor happens to be the guy to take over when we actually have talent everywhere. 

ragtownute
      Ute Fan
      @ragtownute

Actually past performance is the best predictor of future behavior if you’re talking about statistical models….

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football What is different about Whitt now…