What’s the story on CJ Jacobsen?

Viewing 2 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

He was a highly recruited TE last year. With all of our struggles at TE, I would have thought CJ would have seen some playing time. Does anyone have any insights into the status of CJ?

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

I expect that he is on the scout team, not a bad spot at all for a freshman.

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

He’s a freshman playing a OL spot. 99% of freshmen playing that spot are just too small.

Landon King will be a star at TE if he can get to 240 lbs. He didn’t play early in the year because he is too small as well. You just need time to get bigger. With the new transfer rules, we’ve forgotten that people need time to develop. For example, I used Dart as an example a few threads ago.

Dart went to USC, transferred. Went to Ole Miss. Now there is rumors he will transfer again. Imagine if he had come to Utah:

He RS’s his freshman year. Rising gets hurt vs Ohio State. Dart plays instead of Barnes.

He sits behind Rising his RS Freshman year. Rising gets hurt vs Penn St. He plays instead of Barnes.

He now has two seasons of experience in one system and has played in two Rose Bowl games and maybe even has won one for us.

This year. Rising isn’t healthy. Dart knows the system inside and out. He steps in leads us to one loss. Maybe zero. He takes us to the PAC-12 title game, maybe wins it, maybe takes us to the playoffs.

And if he plays as good as he can, he leaves for the NFL after this year.

Sometimes playing right away is overrated. Sometimes, taking time to get better is better.

Ghost of the HEB
        Ute Fan
        @deseretgentlman

Not to go too off topic, but Dart announced yesterday that he’s staying at Ole Miss (may have been influenced by local decisions)

Utah
          Ute Fan
          @utah

I think he’d be smart to stay, just like I think Cam would be smart to stay. The less you have to think, the more you can just play. Dart knows what Ole Miss wants from him. Same with Cam at Utah.

If Cam leaves, he has to learn a new system, with new receivers, etc. If he stays with Kuithe, they come into the season a top 3 duo in an offense they know, that highlights each of them. Why start over when you know you are great where you are? And you are almost guaranteed a playoff spot. In my mind, it’s a no brainer.

22Ute22
          Ute Fan
          @utedagoat

You got any insight on Dallen Bentley? Was excited to see him this year. I’m assuming he’s hurt?

2008 National Champ
            Ute Fan
            @cptmrgn05

The long pick-fumble against UW bounced off Bently’s hands

22Ute22
        Ute Fan
        @utedagoat

I don’t know if King can even get to 240 pounds to be honest, at least 240 pounds of good weight. He seems like Kuithe in that he might be a tweener. He also is more of a reception TE tbh.

Utah
          Ute Fan
          @utah

Yeah. If he stays small, he could be Kuithe. If he can get to 240, he’s Kincaid.

What does the mean for Utah fans? Nothing. He’s great either way.

For King, that 10-20 lbs is the difference between being drafted in the first/second round like Kincaid and being a sixth/seventh/undrafted guy like Kuithe.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football What’s the story on CJ Jacobsen?