What’s your game plan for ASU at Utah?

Viewing 6 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Offense, defense, special teams… anything else you want to throw in. 

First off I’d say I hope to hell this doesn’t come down to a FG because that’s frightening.  We need to contain Daniels. Don’t let him kill us with big runs. Pound the rock with Moss on offense. ASU’s D can’t stop that. 

alUmnUs
      Ute Fan
      @alumnus

Utah D gets 10 sacks, Utes score 40+ pts, No injuries, Freak blizzard and hail storm erupts over the visitors section.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

…and an alien spaceship swoops in and abducts the ASU fans?

ladyinred
          Ute Fan
          @ladyinred

I have observedtheir fans and I don’t think the aliens want them.

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

They are giant assholes so it makes the Anal probing too easy. 

GameForAnyFuss
          Ute Fan
          @gameforanyfuss

Hey, easy on the ASU fans…my mom is an ASU fan and she’s coming in for the game. It will be good to see her. 🙂

That said, Go Utes!

Tony (admin)
            Admin/Founder
            @admin

No fanbase is without its good and bad people. 

GameForAnyFuss
              Ute Fan
              @gameforanyfuss

FYI, my mom is one of the bad ones. 😉

Wilson’s Mustache
      Ute Fan
      @sigmaute

Defense: Just play sound defense. Keep the plays in front of you so we don’t give up a big play. Wrapping up will be the key to stop Eno Benjamin. His O-line hasn’t been that great, but he can force missed tackles and has break away speed. Daniels is a freshman QB so Scalley should keep a lot of pre snap motion in the defense so he can’t get a read on what Utah is trying to do. Force him to make mistakes.

TheJuggernaut
        Ute Fan
        @thejuggernaut

Contain Daniels, force him to be a pocket passer, and he’ll make mistakes.

popbirch
      Ute Fan
      @popbirch

Defensively, contain the run first and foremost. Second, pressure the QB. In their only loss (colorado) they gave up 3 sacks. ASU has allowed 16 sacks. We should have plenty of pressure on daniels. He’s evasive but I imagine lloyd or bernard will spy him most plays.

Offensively, they are vulnerable in the air. Run enough to keep them honest and have to account for moss. Play action, and screens/lateral to moss can be big for us here. They sell out to stop the run and are 2nd in conference against the run (utes are #1). Only 7th in pass def. Tyler will have time to throw and his efficiency numbers make this a bad match up for them. They give up a WBR of 130 on avg and 262 yd/game.

I think we match up well against them. It will likely be a low scoring outing but I don’t see how they get many points on the board. The best Def they have faced was MSU and only eeked out 10pts, we have a stronger def all around than MSU statistically. I suspect ASU will probably be in the 10-14 range and utes can get by that just sticking to what has been working well so far.

MFury
      Ute Fan
      @mfury

Offesne – We should put up points against them – I think this game is more about our defense vs. their offense.  As mentioned – they are clearly vulnerable to the pass – they could get no pressure on WSU QB, at some points he was standing flat footed.  Their tackling was also poor, I expect ZM to get lots of yards after contact. 

Defense – 3 keys – be consistent as past games on run defense – I dont think we will maintain 2.4 yds per carry, but if we can keep it <3.5 should be OK.  Keep Aiuk to 1-2 big plays – noting that a lot of his yardage at WSU seemed to be been after the catch or blown zone coverage, if secondary tackles like they normally does we whould be OK.  Contain Daniels.

Specials teams – dont leave it up to special teams….

4th area – penalties.  we HAVE to keep drive extending / drive killing penalties to a minimum.   And pray that we get the elusive “reasonable” pac 12 officiating crew.  They are the jackalope of officials, but I still believe it exsits out there somewhere.  

homer
      Ute Fan
      @homer

Score

More

uteof
      Ute Fan
      @uteof

Paraphrasing Abe Lemons: The idea is to have more points at the end of the game than the other guy has. It don’t (sic) much matter how you do it. Ok, that was basketball and Abe was a lovable smartass. I’m just not love able. I want to watch the game and see how we, the good guys, do it.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football What’s your game plan for ASU at Utah?