What’s your gut feeling? Do we get the win?

Viewing 8 reply threads

SalUteopia
      Ute Fan
      @saluteopia

I’m very nervous, but I think we win if we rattle DTR. Go Utes!!!

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

W

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I’m still not sure how “good” we really are! I’m also not sure how good UCLA is. 

2008 National Champ
        Ute Fan
        @cptmrgn05

That’s really the key. No common opponents, each fan base can come up with flaws in the other teams value.

Is DTR truly having a 2019 Huntley season or is it a mirage born of an experienced QB facing substandard defenses. The same case could be made for Rising. You could also make the case that the strength of UCLA’s defense is shutting down the run which in the past would be the best way to beat Utah.

I think UCLA will have some success early but Utah will pull away in the second half. 35-17 or 31-21 kind of game. Utah has played big games over the last couple of years and that experience will be the difference. I still think Utah will lose 3 games this season but today won’t be one of them.

RedUte14
      Ute Fan
      @redute14

I’m not a fan of our D-line being able to contain to DTR.
      So I’m not sure.

EMUte#2
      Ute Fan
      @cbanders5

I have a good feeling about this game. Tavion will run all over UCLA. Just like last year.

tanute3
      Ute Fan
      @tanute3

I’m not feeling great

D T
      Ute Fan
      @azute1

I’m confident based on a variety of reasons, but I believe it remains competitive into the 2nd half, possibly into the early 4th, but we ultimately pull away to win by 2-3 scores.

The key for me is whether TT gets back on track & I obviously believe he does.

SalUteopia
        Ute Fan
        @saluteopia

Do you think the kind of issues TT has had can be can be fixed within a week? Genuinely curious, because I’m not sure one way or another.

D T
          Ute Fan
          @azute1

In listening to Coaches KW/AL, TT will be featured more prominently moving forward.

I’ve heard things elsewhere, but those two saying it speaks volumes.

EMUte#2
        Ute Fan
        @cbanders5

That’s the way I picture it. We have talent we haven’t seen. This is the deepest team we have ever had yet. 

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I’m with you SalUteopia.  I am nervous because we have yet to play a complete game and UCLA looked very good last week against UW.  Up until last week, I was much less worried about this game.  It should be a good test.

Go Utes!!!

SalUteopia
        Ute Fan
        @saluteopia

Man, I liked it a lot better when games like UCLA, Oregon St, UA, etc. were gimmes. 

D T
        Ute Fan
        @azute1

UW’s mediocre…..UCLA still hasn’t faced anyone.

PNW Ute
      Ute Fan
      @pnwute

I’m nervous about this one, but I have no idea how good UCLA really is. They played a joke of a nonconferemce schedule and their only road game has been at Colorado. Their only decent opponent has been UW. Which was a nice win, but I’m not sure how good UW is, either. They’re ranked, but really only based on their win over Michigan St., who has since proven to not be very good.

UCLA could be a really tough team that is capable of beating Utah, or they could be a paper tiger that gets overpowered by Utah just like the last few years. Both seem possible.

D T
        Ute Fan
        @azute1

UW’s vastly overrated…..MSU’s abysmal & their victory over them was THE key to their hype.

Remember, it’s largely the same players we’ve dominated recently…..Last year was a blowout & I’m unconvinced they’ve suddenly become tougher & more physical…..UCLA’s been soft under CK & even though they added DC McGovern & a few transfers, softness still permeates their program.

2008 National Champ
          Ute Fan
          @cptmrgn05

Let’s face it, they hype was more about them having highlight plays that could be shown on Sportscenter rather than anything they had done, same as SC.

It’s the main reason there shouldn’t be any polls before the 6th week of the season. Pollsters are either trying to justify what they thought in July or mesmorized by shiny objects.

89ute
        Ute Fan
        @89ute

I understand both UW’s corners were out and their safety.

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football What’s your gut feeling? Do we get the win?