Whitt announces his retirement.

• Next: @ BYU – Thu Aug 29 8:15pm – ESPN TV

BattleGroundUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

At least by 2028 he will be golfing in Maui instead of going to Arkansas. 

UtMtBiker
      Ute Fan
      @utmtbiker

What are you talking about? Do you have a link to something I missed? 

BattleGroundUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

PK asked him what he thought about going to Arkansas in 2028. Coach JOKED that he would be golfing in Maui. 

Seriously though I think we will be looking for a Basketball and Football coach at the same time. 

UtMtBiker
          Ute Fan
          @utmtbiker

Thanks! I missed that interview.  Wouldn’t be surprising at all.  

UteThunder
          Ute Fan
          @utethunder

No way are we hiring both at the same time. I will be shocked if Whit doesn’t stay longer than LarryK. I think Whit at least finishes his current contract (2023) and unless LarryK works a miracle I don’t think he comes back after this year. My guess is there will be some kind of negotiated buyout to make it more affordable.

BattleGroundUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

Well any AD worth a damn is looking for a replacement most times.  I just think Harlan is looking closely. Harlan was on 1280 this morning his comments on Larry K were interesting.

I already think this is Whitts last season. 

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Utah Utes Message Board Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Whitt announces his retirement.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  BattleGroundUte 2 weeks, 1 day ago.