Whitt. Dodd Trophy Coach of the year!

Viewing 4 reply threads

cjd1
      Ute Fan
      @cjd1

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Congrats to KW.  It’s amazing what he has done with mostly 3* recruits.  Virtually every player on OSU, Clemson and Alabama are 4 and 5* recruits.  He develops players!!!

2 13

User Suspended
        @a2ute

imagine if he had a team of 4* players…. oh well.

We’ll keep trying to get to the next level with basically 3* players..

McBride of Frankenstein
          Ute Fan
          @mcbrideoffrankenstein

Here is the thing.  Be grateful for what we DO have.  This is a golden age of Utah football.  There could hypothetically be a better recruiting team, but, what we have now is a high functioning, stable, loyal, efficient, and effective overall coaching team.

User Suspended
            @a2ute

Why is this the “golden age” of Utah football?  Are you saying this is as good as it gets?

McBride of Frankenstein
              Ute Fan
              @mcbrideoffrankenstein

“A golden age” note “the golden age”

McBride of Frankenstein
              Ute Fan
              @mcbrideoffrankenstein

I’m not saying this is as good as it gets.  That is why I said “A” golden age.

Swoop Doggy Dogg
          Ute Fan
          @swoopdoggydogg

Do you touch yourself with delight and wonder, while looking at the top of player rankings on 247? How would it be? 

ProudUte
          Ute Fan
          @proudute

You know Pace, I hope there will be a day in the near future when we can recruit with OSU, Oklahoma, LSU, etc.  It takes time.  We have only been in a top tier conference for 9 years.  I too have been critical at times with our recruiting.  I don’t think that recruiting is Whitt’s strength.  However, he develops players better than anyone I have seen and he has these kids doing great in the classroom.  By all appearances, he runs a clean program too.

IMO, there is no reason why we cannot compete with OSU, Michigan, Oklahoma and others.  We need to get there if we want to be a top tier team.  If Oklahoma can do it and Nebraska did it for many years – there is no reason why we can’t do it.  It will take time and we need to see improvement year after year.

Orgeron has an established program to recruit to.  He didn’t have to build a program and football culture.  It was already there.  There is nothing else in Baton Rouge other than football and alligator hunting. Honestly, Louisiana may be a great place to live, but I think Utah is better.

sweetgrass
      Ute Fan
      @sweetgrass

and apparently will receive the award from an animated character from King of the Hill:

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

This is great for recruiting! Play for the coach of the year!

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

Nuance and context are completely lost on your, aren’t they? This was meant for pace. Tony, the reply feature when I use the recent posts view isn’t working right.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Whitt. Dodd Trophy Coach of the year!