Whitt doesn’t make many mistakes, but I think he made one last night …

Viewing 6 reply threads
      9 9

sweetgrass
      Ute Fan
      @sweetgrass

I expect this will earn me many thumbs downs, but it is what it is.  I’ll borrow an old Majerus line, “I aint here to make friends.”  🙂

In his post game locker room speech last night Whitt told the team:

1. “game ball to the Seniors”

2. forgot what he said here?

3. “Alabama got beat”

I have an issue with #3. 

The past few weeks, Kyle’s been saying all the right things, “we just need to focus on ourselves, it doesn’t matter what happens elsewhere, we can only control, what we do, … etc”  Essentially he’s saying everything you want a coach to say. “Alabama got beat” seems out of character for Whitt, especially since Utah has unfinished business with Oregon on Friday. 

Granted, this is a small thing, but it seems like Kyle’s caught up a little bit more in the CFP possibilities than we’re led to believe.     

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

This is a fair assessment. However, I think it’s the proper time to focus on that prize. Motivation…win the next game and it’s in your grasp.

10 4

Italy88
      Ute Fan
      @itacoatiara22

Yeah, dumb take. Letting the team know that Alabama lost is still focusing on the Utes and bigger goals at hand. If you think every player on that team isn’t looking at the polls and thinking about the CFP at this point, you are high.
      I’d also like to add that it has been really refreshing to see Whitt do new things this season. One that comes to mind is going for the jugular before halftime instead of kneeling and going to the locker room all season.

4 2

sweetgrass
        Ute Fan
        @sweetgrass

except much of this is still out of Utah’s control.  The only thing Whitt can truly control is how his team plays next Friday.  Too early to be bringing this up, IMO.  I don’t want a Utah team deflated coming into the Rose Bowl, because we believed we should have been playing Ohio St.

alUmnUs
          Ute Fan
          @alumnus

Gosh, it’s a shame you weren’t in the locker to temper the team with this insecure explanation.

Tednab
      Ute Fan
      @tednab

I get what your saying . I think whit deserves a pass on that one; it was a good win and Imo think he just got caught up in the moment

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

You are right, it is a little (very little) thing. No big deal they noticed one of the two teams between us and our goal lost…

Dallas
      Ute Fan
      @dallas

Maybe his Alabama got beat line was more a “look what could happen to us if we don’t focus.” But I agree. Whit doesn’t usually even go there. He also entertained the CFP question during a postgame interview more than I’d expect him to.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Whitt will have to pimp the hell out of the Utes this week and until the final rankings. Don’t be naive. In fact I bet Urban is going to help him out in that regard. 

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Whitt doesn’t make many mistakes, but I think he made one last night …