Whitt’s whit

Viewing 2 reply threads
      4 1

UtesRule
      Ute Fan
      @utesrule

I love how Kyle doesn’t say the names of the top three players for Colorado only states their number, including the quarterback. There’s no doubt he knows the name of the quarterback, but chose not to say it in the press conference today. Loved it! 

I get that sometimes coaches are just focused on numbers because of film watching, but I have a hard time believing that is the case this week especially with quarterback. Earlier in the year that may have fired up Coach Prime, but I’m not sure it really matters at this point.

Go Utes, beat the Buffs! 

pedro
      Ute Fan
      @pedro

Or maybe he didn’t want to keep differentiating b/t the three different Sanders associated w the buffs.

Or he does that every week, which is what I’ve always noticed.

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

Week to week to week, it is so much easier with communication all across half the team and coaches to simply refer to numbers instead of names. With all the things going on as players rotate etc., a number can be validated quickly without thinking. I can only imagine Colo only know our QBs by 16 or 13. After a game you more likely hear a coach talk about an other team player by name as the difference maker in the game.

PlainsUte
        Ute Fan
        @plainsute

Names are on the back of the jerseys, and sometimes not (Oklahoma played recently with all names replaced by “Unity”), while players face the front of the opponent where the big fat number is, so they go by numbers.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Whitt’s whit