Who do Utah fans want to see in the CCG?

Viewing 10 reply threads

AZUteFan
      Ute Fan
      @azutefan

Oregon? Oregon State? Or Washington State?

Should be fun to watch this weekend play out and especially nice that Utah has already punched their ticket.

UtesRule
      Ute Fan
      @utesrule

Wazzu

UtesRule
      Ute Fan
      @utesrule

Or maybe OSU…tough to beat a team 2 x’s in the same season.

UtemanUtefan
      Ute Fan
      @utemanutefan

Wazzu would be the most challenging imo, we played them without De Laura and squeeked by… so many fumbles.

AZUteFan
        Ute Fan
        @azutefan

This is what I find ironic. I have heard fans would prefer Wazzu because they would probably be the easier opponent of the 3. However, I am with you in that I think Wazzu might be toughest. We were fortunate to miss De Laura, but at the same time, Wazzu was lucky that Tavion Thomas was in the dog house. 

A rematch against Oregon State would be fun, but they are so well coached and that running game is so tough.

And the big question is how does Oregon respond? It’s tough to rebound from a devastating loss after being so close to the CFP, as we know.

Great1Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tribute

Notwithstanding the game last night, I worry the least about Wazzu, then OSU, the the Ducks.  So that’s my order.

MFury
        Ute Fan
        @mfury

I want OSU, even though least likely – IMO. We need a do over on that game.

Tednab
        Ute Fan
        @tednab

Careless .. As long as we take home the trophy

UtesRock
      Ute Fan
      @utahrockon

Not OSU.

Johnny
      Ute Fan
      @johnny

Me personally, hopefully Wazzu. I love their fans even though they’re Cougs. I met one guy who won the 2003 Washington lottery. He’ll be the first to tell you to take the payments. 

CoyoteUte
      Ute Fan
      @coyoteute

After what I saw last night… give me the ducklings again.

I was telling beaver fans on my way out of Corvallis that I hope to see them again in Vegas.

Whoever it is should be scared to play us tbh…

Johnny
        Ute Fan
        @johnny

I think every team in the country currently hoping they don’t have to play the Utes.

AZUteFan
        Ute Fan
        @azutefan

I actually agree – bring on the Ducks for a Round 2. I know the rhetoric that it’s hard to beat the same team twice, but I feel like our D matches up better with the Oregon O. Also, the injuries have really caught up with Oregon. 

Of course even with the injuries Oregon is still so talented and has play makers on both sides of the ball, which makes them so dangerous.

Regardless of who we play, hoping we can create a home field advantage atmosphere in Vegas. Would love it if a rich donor would buy 20,000 tickets for the student body and bus them down there. Anybody have Spence Eccless phone number?

Milton Vanderslice
      Ute Fan
      @miltonvanderslice

Oregon.  I want the nation to know it wasn’t a fluke and that we can do it again.  Plus another top 25 win will feel great and help propel Utah into a potential top 10 final poll spot should we win the next game also.  This will set us up for a top 10 preseason poll spot next year.

Italy88
        Ute Fan
        @itacoatiara22

Oregon for me as well. Also would give us a win over #3 Oregon, and likely a top-10 Oregon.

MDUte
        Ute Fan
        @mdute

When you blow out a team by 31 points, dominate them in every facet of the game, holding them to 63 yards rushing while rushing on them for more than 200 yards….nobody thinks it’s a fluke.

In ABCs primetime TV slot, our Utes showed the nation how good of a football team we have. I really don’t care who we play in the CCG because whoever gets there will be playing their best football to have come out of the North. And it will be a battle regardless of opponent. The only thing that matters is winning our 1st CCG and making our 1st appearance in the Rose Bowl.

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

OSU

PNW Ute
      Ute Fan
      @pnwute

I like OSU the most out of those teams, so would probably cheer for them. I actually think they would be the easiest opponent for Utah, which is weird since they’re the only one that beat the Utes. I don’t think Utah would have the goal line issues with them a second time, and I think they’d be better against the Beavers run game. Beavers also are not nearly as good on the road this year as at home. I don’t think we’ll see them, though. I think WSU will take care of UW this week.

The Ducks, if playing at 100%, would definitely be the greatest challenge. They’re very banged up right now, and have a pretty one-dimensional offense currently. It will be interesting to see how they bounce back next week. They could come out fired up and blow OSU out based on talent alone. Or they could fold and let OSU run for 400 yards on them.

Viewing 10 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Who do Utah fans want to see in the CCG?