Why I want Oregon to crush Colorado

Viewing 6 reply threads
      9 1

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Colorado is the media darling. They had 11 million viewers in the late-night game last week. That has never been done before. We are playing at the same time this Saturday as Colorado. Our viewership will be significantly less because of the CU game.

Coach Prime is getting all the attention and it will likely be much more difficult to recruit against CU as long as Prime is there. I kind of like Colorado being a below-average team that gets little attention. I want Utah to be the team in the Mountain west that gets the most attention.

I hope that Oregon beats Colorado by 30+ points.

highlandute7
      Ute Fan
      @highlandute7

I agree with you. However, I wonder if it would be better for us if CU wins just so Oregon gets a conference loss. We know Colorado will lose more conference games but it always helps if those top tier teams have losses as well.

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

I am thinking more long-term and not just this season. I do not want Colorado to be a great football program. On the other hand, I dislike Oregon for abandoning the PAC12 as they did.

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

On the flip side, the sooner they win, the sooner he leaves for Florida.

1 1

PhiladelphiaUte
          Ute Fan
          @philadelphiaute

FWIW, Colorado abandoned the Pac-12 before Oregon did. Had CU (and Ariz) not panicked to flipped to the Big 12, it’s unlikely the BigTen would have swooped in to snatch up UWa and UO, and we wouldn’t have been stuck having to join the worst P5 league in the country.

alexsmith
      Ute Fan
      @alexsmith

Ah, I wouldn’t stress about the long term. I don’t see prime being there for more than next season. I think Michigan State and Florida are about to make hard pushes for him and they both already have proper seats at the table

Brettski
        Ute Fan
        @brettski

I agree. I want cu to be great for our new conference strength.

DataUte
        Ute Fan
        @scotwaye

I give it 3 years. Shilo has 2 years eligibility left, Shadeur has 2, but could get drafted this year, and Shelomi is a So on CU basketball (also transferred from Jackson St.). Then SEC, FSU, or Cowboys haha

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

They can just transfer with their dad wherever he goes.

DataUte
            Ute Fan
            @scotwaye

You get 1 free transfer without sitting? But since they went FCS –> FBS, maybe they still have one more. But I Shilo went SC to JS to CU as a grad transfer, so he’s probably looking to NFL if possible. Other than NIL, Shedeur probably goes NFL. So, really, it’s just the daughter. I guess we’ll see 😉

2 1

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

Maybe Michigan State makes a play for Sanders but Florida sure won’t. Billy Napier’s contract is so long and has so much money guaranteed that moving on from him after this season would almost bankrupt the Gators’ athletics department. Napier’s contract with Florida is slated to run through January 2029. The deal guarantees him an earning of $51.8 million over seven years and he receives a base salary of $7.1 million each year. By the way, if Sanders does go to Michigan State that would make an interesting precedent. Mel Tucker also only spent one season at Colorado before signing on with Michigan State.

2008 National Champ
          Ute Fan
          @cptmrgn05

Michigan State isn’t going to be able to afford anyone after the Tucker negotiations are done. Overreacting to a phone call after underreacting to Nasser is going to cost them a lot of money.

Stone
      Ute Fan
      @stone

Sanders will not last long in Boulder if he is successful. That is reality.

I understand your point, but in my opinion, I want the four Pac12 schools going to the Big10 to lose EVERY game. Screw them (but especially UCLA and USC). Those four schools are now dead to me and I want nothing but the worst for them (with all due respect).

Caliman
      Ute Fan
      @elguapoute

Terrible take, I want CU to win in order to raise CU hype, and then, I want Utah to obliterate CU in frnt of 5-10M viewers to cement Utahs supremacy over CU and KW supremacy over coach prime.

utefansince79
      Ute Fan
      @utefansince79

Mixed feelings about this one. Deion (and the team) have that ‘attitude’ which fans love or hate.

With what’s going on after this season, list of how I feel about the teams (from most liked to most disliked)

Utah (naturally)
      Wazzou and Oregon State (just horrible they are being left behind and likely headed to MWC)
      Cal and Stanford (at least are going to a power conference, but travel will be horrible)
      ASU, Arizona, Colorado (want to see our future conferences mates do well)
      Oregon and Washington (no longer will be in our league and headed to one of the two most evil conferences)
      USC and UCKLA (largely responsible for starting our conference implosion)

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

I don’t really want ASU and Arizona to do well. Sorry not sorry LOL.

PhiladelphiaUte
      Ute Fan
      @philadelphiaute

If Colo beats Ore, and Utah beats UCLA, Utah will move ahead of Ore in the polls. If Ore beats CU, Utah won’t. And CU might even drop out of the polls entirely, which isn’t good for the Pac-12.

Go Buffs!

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Why I want Oregon to crush Colorado