Wide Receivers

Viewing 3 reply threads

Anfernee
      Ute Fan
      @anfernee

Updates: Anyone perhaps hear a SINGER while crossing any BRIDGES over troubled waters lately? Rear Admiral Ghost? General OnlyUlysses?

Anfernee
      Ute Fan
      @anfernee

From Ute Twitter tonight “The recent word is that Utah’s dean hasn’t cleared it despite Harlan & Whitt’s best efforts.” šŸ˜‘šŸ™„

RedUte14
        Ute Fan
        @redute14

still a great post.

Ghost of the HEB
        Ute Fan
        @deseretgentlman

Can confirm that the Dean of Students is standing in the way of Bridges. Getting ā€œmixed messagesā€ now on Singer. He ā€œsoft committedā€ the same day Gilman did. Now things are looking up in the air.

Anfernee
          Ute Fan
          @anfernee

Any idea if that’s negotiable or is it over?

SteelUte
      Ute Fan
      @steelute

Dean of students in the way- meaning grades? Meaning NIL stuff?

RustyShackleford
        Ute Fan
        @shakyute13

Might be they donā€™t want the optics of bringing someone in who has those legal troubles?

Anfernee
          Ute Fan
          @anfernee

I’m sure some feel that way. Ute Twitter says Whitt and Harlan are/were pushing for him to get in. Let’s just run out 4 TEs. Pittman, Lyons, Parks šŸ¤ šŸŽ

The Miami Ute
          Ute Fan
          @themiamiute

Just conjecture on my part but the Utah administration might be hesitant, after the murder of Lauren McCluskey, to bring someone in that was charged with robbery, conspiracy to commit robbery and assault and battery with a dangerous weapon. I know he pleaded guilty to larceny from a person at nighttime but it might be the optics that are holding them back.

7 4

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

I donā€™t get why Bridges is getting a pass by the coaching staff. I guess most of the guys who knew Aaron Lowe are gone.

The kid who killed Lowe was a repeat violent offender. It isnā€™t like the movies there end up with a gun and start robbing people. Then get caught and convicted one time. There is generally a path or trajectory for people who make choices. When you are in college doing that s**t it makes no sense. So yes. Redemption is for God I do not want Bridges on this team.

Kellso
              Ute Fan
              @kellso

Second chances in some cases need to be given. Iā€™m not close enough to know if this is the case with Bridges. I trust Whitt has a sense that he should get a second chance. This might be the path he needs to resolve his past mistakes. Just a thought.

Ute2
                Ute Fan
                @ute2

Iā€™m not too knowledgeable about the facts of the Bridges case. Can somebody fill me in?

We learned with Dominique Hatfield that being charged and the charges being correct are two VERY different things.

His charges have been dismissed right? Anybody know why they were dismissed? Charged being dismissed generally means a lot.

HATUman
              Ute Fan
              @hatuman

Redemption may be for God, but we all need to forgive. Donā€™t be an ass, should we have not given Carrington another chance? Worked out pretty well on both ends, donā€™t you think? Whitt has a good track record with these kids, get him in here, give him some structure and see how he does. If he still has issues, like Josh Gordon did, you let him loose. But the kid deserves a second chance. Shoot, even Reacher holds up drug dealers.

Ute2
                Ute Fan
                @ute2

Whitts record alone should be enough to get the dean on board.

Charlie
              Ute Fan
              @charlie

As for me personally, there is a big difference between the first and second serious crime. Sometimes an individual can be quite influenced by peer pressure and not resolve an important decision correctly. If someone does their time and resolves to do better, the individual can become even a better person than some that have not ever been in trouble. I can forgive with the context of zero tolerance going forward. When an individual has been given a second chance and return to involvement in dangerous crimes, it is at that point where I support closing the doors to many options. I know some may have jitters from the TT experience but bad behavior may have a bit more patience. Next, a football team with good culture may be one of the best places for a individual motivated to change because of the numbers of teammates that would look out for them and provide good examples and positive activities.

UteNamedOg
            Ute Fan
            @utenamedog

Article and 247 page for those (such as myself until reading said article) who may be out of the loop.

https://www.oklahoman.com/story/news/2024/01/03/trejan-bridges-mikey-henderson-former-ou-football-players-probation-larceny/72097274007/

https://247sports.com/Player/Trejan-Bridges-46036258/college-232603/

An interesting excerpt:

“The judge noted both had shown a willingness to change while in the prison boot camp. He said he was balancing that in making his decision against the severity of the crime and the safety of the community.

The judge expressed frustration with the Department of Corrections for not picking Bridges and Henderson up from jail sooner to go to the boot camp. Both did not complete it.

Bridges began the Regimented Inmate Discipline (RID) program at a correction center in Alva on Nov. 21, two months after his guilty plea. He completed only the “Community” part.”

Ute2
      Ute Fan
      @ute2

Thanks for the articles!

I thought charges were dropped, not that heā€™d been through a plea agreement and stuff.

Thats for sure a bit different than Domo. Iā€™m not so peeved at the dean anymore. Still he hope he shows up!

Good post above about worrying about culture. All of the sudden it doesnā€™t feel like a slam dunk, no brainer to pull my hair out over.

In Whitt we trust I guess!šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Wide Receivers