Will we / should we be ranked?

Viewing 11 reply threads

SalUteopia
      Ute Fan
      @saluteopia

4-2 is not spectacular but we have looked and played like a top 25 team the last 2 weeks. We will probably have to wait until after the USC game (assuming we win), unless some chaos ensues this week. But it’s time to get back into the rankings, and make some noise nationally.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I don’t think so, no.

Chidojuan
      Ute Fan
      @chidojuan

I’m fine with not being ranked.  I hope the team sees it as an insult and uses it as fuel for motivation if we don’t make it in this week.  If we get to 5-2, we’ll be in the top 25 and the playoff poll, but I like being the silent assasin right now.

SalUteopia
        Ute Fan
        @saluteopia

Agreed. We play better when we’re the underdogs.

UTUTE
          Ute Fan
          @utute

100 thumbs up^^

Anonymous
      Inactive

Not yet. If this team does this again next week then they should break in around #20. If SC beats CU today, and the Utes win next week, they might debut at around #18, or so. 

SkinyUte
      Ute Fan
      @skinyute

No and no. If we win next week, then maybe…depending on what happens with CU/USC tonight.

And I’m totally fine with that.

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

if we were Texas we’d show up at 19 this week

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

I think we have a chance to be in at 25, but Eris would have to wreak happy hell on teams 18-25.

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

I think we absolutely could be ranked come Monday. We drubbed a good Stanford team. I am not saying we should be, but we certainly might be ranked.

cjd1
      Ute Fan
      @cjd1

Utah is AP#32 right now before last nights win. Combined with some teams right above us losing we will move up a little. Dont think we get there this week.

SUUte
      Ute Fan
      @garrstew

Coaches poll yes. AP poll no. 

Warrior Ute
      Ute Fan
      @warriorute

Texas A&M is ranked 22.  They have wins over Northwestern State, UL Monroe, Arkansas, and Kentucky. 

I would argue our resume is as good as theirs.  Will we be ranked? Not likely.  If Texas A&M deserves to be ranked, perhaps we deserve to be.

Grimmetal
      Ute Fan
      @grimmetal

Most ranked teams looked like absolute garbage this week. Don’t think we will be. Don’t need extra fuel for the USC game. Should be up for that one already.

The flip side: A ranked USC/Utah game ‘plays better on TV’, right Woodie?

Viewing 11 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Will we / should we be ranked?