Wow…BYU is truly a mess.

Viewing 4 reply threads
      9 1

Sweetness
      Ute Fan
      @sweetness

They have been bad to start the season but some of it was explainable. Injuries, young players etc. but wow, they are a complete dumpster fire. They’ve reached the point where it’s just awkward. Ty detmer and mangum look like they are completely confused. Kalani looks like a man who has no idea what to do or how to fix their problems. I’ve long maintained BYU sucking could be a huge benefit to the Utes. If Utah can become the school for elite Mormon football players, that would be a big boon to our recruiting. BYU has never had depth because of the honor code, but they consistently land 4-5 high level guys each year simply because they are the LDS option. If we can shift a couple of those guys over our way each year, would help us take one more incremental step in elevating the program to becoming a true P12 contender.

ladyinred
      Ute Fan
      @ladyinred

Awkward listening to the announcers try to polish the turd somewhat by talking about BYU history, etc. I wonder how long their espn contract is for. This product is unwatchable.

UteFanatic
        Ute Fan
        @utefanatic

My favorite part was when they showed the Lapuaho nut punch and called BYU a dirty team. 

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

Maybe for ESPN, but I’m sitting here watching The House of the Devil with the game on my computer and whenever I need a good laugh, I just glance down at my computer. Ha ha. 

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

Utah will definitely take advantage of their suckiness to steal some recruits.

Their program is in serious trouble and it’s a glorious thing to witness. 

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

I’d love to get Romney over to Utah. Same with Kaho and Kump. Though it looks like Kaho is down to Utah or Alabama. Kump seems to be a dyed in the wool Coug, but with how terrible that team is, we might have a shot with him. 

Sweetness
          Ute Fan
          @sweetness

Yeah, would be awesome to get either of those guys. Hopefully we can get one of Romney, Kaho, or Krump. If they program falls apart, as it looks like it is heading that direction, getting a few of these guys each year would be awesome! 

Onlyu
          Ute Fan
          @uf8fl

Kump and Fotu have decommitted already…confirmed.  USC is after Kump hard (telling him he’s top on their board) but he’s a mission kid who would still be in play when he returns.  Fotu is Leki’s little bro so figured that was coming.  We’ll get him for sure.

Utahute72
          Ute Fan
          @utahute72

Washington is making a big play for Kaho.  The whole PAC 12 is picking over the bones of the collapsing BYU program.

RedLine
        Ute Fan
        @redline

Why take advantage? Let the facts speak for themselves.  If you want a lower profile, lower NFL development, lower competition, lower win profile, lower chance of your red shirt being burned, keep looking to BYU over Utah. 

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Yeah it has been this way since at least 2004 you are giving bad advice to kids in recommending that school. The gap is just even more apparent for the past three years. 

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

I dont know why BYU fans think they can just go back to MWC. BYU has the same AD that abandoned the conference right at the moment it was on the edge of becoming a BCS conference. Boise replaced Utah’s BCS wins and TCU was livid when BYU left. On the way out they tried to join the WAC and poach MWC. Do they think all those ADs and university presidents who lost the money that would have happened had the MWC qualified under the old contract need BYU? I think Holmoe is going to get run out of town.

GameForAnyFuss
        Ute Fan
        @gameforanyfuss

They’ll never run Holmoe out of town – he knows exactly what to do to earn just enough goodwill with that fanbase. All it takes is getting articles written about the glory days, 1984 helmet stickers, Lavell Edwards uniform patches, etc. to keep that job. And Holmoe is masterful at that.

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

THERE’S A TDS CATEGORY! USE IT!

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums They So Poo Poo Wow…BYU is truly a mess.