Wow, reading some of the comments on this board is embarrassing

Viewing 4 reply threads
      5 11

humpbackchub
      Ute Fan
      @humpbackchub

I know telling people how to “fan” is generally not accepted well, but if ragging on college aged kids and betting on them to quit the team is what gets you off then God help you. 

It’s pretty clear that Huntley is the better option, but here’s just a friendly reminder that the team’s wins with him starting came against teams that have gone 2-4, 1-5, and 1-6 thus far this season. Oh, and the two-win team was North Dakota. So, have fun comparing that to our games against Arizona and Stanford, and drawing conclusions about the two QBs. I look forward to you all making fun of BYU fans for doing the exact same thing, but in reverse, later this season when their schedule lightens up and they start winning games.

4 1

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Huh?  You need to read again I didn’t see that at all.

Stick to not telling how other fans should behave. 

2 5

humpbackchub
        Ute Fan
        @humpbackchub

“And after his post game attitude, it wouldn’t shock me if he quit. 

I feel bad because the dude’s dream has died twice this season, but good hell, why would you take your team down with you? 

Everyone else played great tonight. Troy single handily lost us this game. Then the attitude? 

Wow.” -Utah

“Yeah I see him quitting after Bateman gets the second spot.  I didn’t think much of the attitude thing against San jose St.  Clearly he doesn’t give a Fuh.” -you

Your response telling me not to critisize you is about as predictable as it gets. Troy and the rest of those college kids are fair game, but you and your conduct is beyond reproach.

1 1

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Watch the final Utah drive again and then tell me not to judge his comments any differently. 

This is an opinion board for fans. What do you want people to say?  It looks like Williams has already quit and based on his body language in the press conference. Coupled with his own words and tone of voice I think him quitting is a pretty good prediction. 

I have not insulted his race, religion, looks or anything at all. I have judged him by his on field behavior and demeanor post game  

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

Nah, you’re way off base here.

Most of us have been very supportive of Troy Williams but that doesn’t mean fans aren’t going to call him out for playing poorly.

humpbackchub
        Ute Fan
        @humpbackchub

I can get on board with that. Thats what these forums are for after all. But taking it the extra step of criticizing him and his attitude when he’s clearly devastated, and predicting that he’s going to quit the team because he “doesn’t give a Fuh” is not calling him out for playing poorly. 

3 4

ChooseTheRed
      Ute Fan
      @choosethered

Count me disgusted as well. I don’t follow other fan bases so I don’t know if ours is unique in this way or if there will always be “fans” who act like they aren’t actually talking about a human (one they likely really don’t know at all, despite acting like they do) but I sometimes find myself not proud of being a part of our fan base with some of the comments and tweets I see.

And please don’t make the, “I’m just a passionate fan who loves this team” excuse/ argument. That can be done without resorting to BS comments about players.

3 2

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

Eh, fans will be fans. There’s a saying in high-level sports: “Not too high when you win, not too low when you lose.” But that only applies to athletes, not fans. We overreact…in both directions.

Bottom line is, I don’t think Utah is a very good team, honestly. And that’s not on just one player. It’s just that our schedule up until last night was not good and gave us an inflated sense of how good we are. I still think 7-5 is a good prediction.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Wow, reading some of the comments on this board is embarrassing