4th and 1 podcast

Viewing 6 reply threads

Sweetness
      Ute Fan
      @sweetness

Listened to Andy Phillips and Tom Hackett’s podcast for the first time tonight. It is awesome! They’re brutally honest about the program, give some great insight into the coaches, players, and Tom is hilarious! I don’t know if it’s been mentioned much on this board or not, but I haven’t seen it getting a lot of run on twitter, so I figured I would post a link here. I have no affiliation with the podcast at all, but I figured people who are passionate enough about the utes to post on fan boards would love it.

Here is a link to their twitter that links to the podcast.

https://twitter.com/4thandlongshow

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I listened to one a few months ago. Ended up skipping over a lot of meaningless yapping. Maybe it has gotten better since.

Sweetness
        Ute Fan
        @sweetness

Yeah the first couple episodes weren’t as good. The most recent one is awesome. Andy Phillips takes the filter off a little and opens up about some of the players and coaches.

I just thought it was something different than what you’re going to find on talk radio, local podcasts, etc. Tom and Andy are pretty good to listen to as well.

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

That was really informative. Thanks. Andy not being restricted by NCAA regulations really allowed him to open up. Worth a listen. Domo and Butler-Byrd pussed out.

3UteDad
        @3utedad

Haven’t had a chance to listen…In what way did Domo and Butler Byrd ?puss out?

KiYi-Ute
          Ute Fan
          @kiyi-ute

Domo didn’t want to practice in the cold and therefore got the boot. 

CBB basically wanted to not practice but still play on Saturdays. Apparently it originally started when he was having knee soreness during the practice week so coaches would sit him out and then let him play on game day. I guess this set a bad precedent and he tried to take advantage of it going forward. 

Puget Ute
            Ute Fan
            @pugetute

In some ways it is a shame that CBB didn’t redshirt this year. In other ways I am glad he got to play a bit, have some success, and entertain us. And now he gets to graduate and move on.

I know that both Domo and Cory BB will regret their decisions not to play in what is likely to be their very last FB game ever.

KiYi-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @kiyi-ute

Listening to this right now. Really enjoying it. Some great inside info, confirming a lot of suspicions about the offensive playcalling and staff interactions.

Utemachine
      Ute Fan
      @utemachine

That was cool, nice peak on the inside. Had no clue about Domo’s lame ass excuse and CBB being a quitter.

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

If I were Kyle I would have legal tightien up a form NDA. That was a little too unfiltered. Kids playing two weeks ago shouldn’t be critiquing a lost culture or declaring attitudes to toughness as antiquated. Liz Abel ought to sit down and clarify what ought to be off record, or at least explain the concept. Just IMO.

noneyadb
        Ute Fan
        @noneyadb

This podcast will do far more good than bad. Whitt was gambling his team’s makeup/identity for wins and it finally caught up. Expect a different level of physicality next season.

AZswayze
      Ute Fan
      @AZswayze

Strange name for a couple of kickers. Should be like 4th and 3 or something.
      EDIT: looks like it’s actually called 4th and long.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football 4th and 1 podcast