All the chaos today opens a backdoor for us into the CFP…

• Next: Cal - Thurs 3/2 - 9pm - ESPNU TV
      Profile photo of Noni Fruit
      Noni Fruit
      Ute Fan
      @nonifruit

A 2-loss P12 champ should get in over a 2-loss tOSU, 2-loss Penn State, and 2-loss Louisville that didn’t play in their conf. champ games. Colorado could make it in as well. I don’t think WSU could make it in. We’d need Louisville to lose to Houston, and Michigan to beat tOSU. We’d beat 2 top 10ish teams to end the season in Colorado and UW or WSU. It’s not likely, but it’s plausible.

Profile photo of
      Anonymous

JUST WIN BABY!!!

Profile photo of
      Anonymous

Over a one loss Michigan?

Profile photo of noneyadb
      noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

Too many possibilities in college football. Just win.

Profile photo of UteFanatic
      UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

I’m just worried about getting past Oregon at this point.  

Profile photo of leftyjace
      leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

How often could we have said in the past that 3 games out and we can control our destiny to get to the Rose Bowl? OK, yes, a few times in the last few years… but that’s STILL PRETTY DARN COOL!

I agree… just win, baby!

Profile photo of bopahull
      bopahull
      Ute Fan
      @bopahull

1 interesting (to me) observation, if Penn Wins out ( Rutgers, MSU) there is no way tOSU can play for their conference title, no title should mean no CFP appearance.

Profile photo of Charles Satterfield
      Charles Satterfield
      Ute Fan
      @1bamafan

I think too much emphasis is put on winning the conference. I remember when Georgia won the SEC with a 6-4 record. Georgia was the SEC rep in the Sugar Bowl. I think the conference crown should be used when two team are really close and one is a Champion. Anyway, I think a two loss PAC 12 champion Utah has a good shot at the CFP.

Profile photo of Thlete
        Thlete
        Ute Fan
        @thlete

With only 4 playoff spots available, I think there is no way you should qualify to play for a national title when you can’t even win your conference title.

Profile photo of Tacoma Ute
      Tacoma Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tacomaute

I agree completely. Especially when you can’t even win your own division.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Ute Fan Board Forums Utah Utes Sports Football All the chaos today opens a backdoor for us into the CFP…

This topic contains 9 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Tacoma Ute Tacoma Ute 3 months, 2 weeks ago.