Anyone else going to the game in Eugene?

Viewing 8 reply threads

leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

I’ll be there with my girlfriend and a bunch of cousins. My uncle is a big Ducks fan. He came out here and watched his team beat mine last year. I hope I get to return the favor this year.

Jeromy in SLC
      Ute Fan
      @jeromyinslc

Went in 2009. Tame experience, but not one of my better road experiences. Won’t go back unless going with someone else who hasn’t been.

We stayed at the equivalent of the Bates Motel. Rained off and on the whole time.

The funniest part was at our dinner after the game. My wife and I sat down at a combo Sports Bar/Mexican joint. TDS was getting worked by Florida State. Some frat boys start razzing us because “Your team lost, now BYU is losing too!”. I turned around and said “Do I look like I give a f**k about BYU?!?” They got a kick out of that, and we chatted football for a bit.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 7 months ago by Jeromy in SLC. Reason: Typo and I am anal-retentive

bigmanUTE
      Ute Fan
      @bigmanute

5 utes and two ducks will be there! hoping i can finally rub it in my older brothers face since i’ve never once been able to have bragging rights

Onlyu
      Ute Fan
      @uf8fl

Making my first visit to Autzen this year. Excited to be there. Haven’t been to a ton of road games but was at the Rose Bowl for the UCLA win last year, the Sugar Bowl, Fiesta Bowl and the Liberty Bowl wins. And the 3-0 win at BYU. That’s 5-0! Here’s to win #6!!

Astute Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tstruct

I will be in attendance as well. Going with a group of 15 people 7 from Cali 8 from Utah, we all went to the Rose Bowl last year. Any places we should go to particular? Staying in Portland most the time, Eugene for the game.

utr ute
      Ute Fan
      @utrute

My wife and I are going as well. This will be our third trip to Eugene. We will stay in Portland and drive down Saturday for the game. It is a fun trip, but I think the hype surrounding Autzen is overrated.

leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

All I know is that I’m staying at a hotel within walking distance of the stadium. My Uncle will be a great host I’m sure. I am just glad that there will be a healthy number of UTES there.

jjsanford46
      Ute Fan
      @jjsanford46

Leaving Friday, with girl friend, my 23 year old grandson and her 10 year old grandson. Looking for a great road trip and great Ute win. First time to Duck stadium for all of us. Wondering how is parking there, any info greatly appreciated. Go Utes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hayes6
      Ute Fan
      @hayes6

I’ll be there +3. I went in 2013, and it was a lot of fun despite the result.

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Anyone else going to the game in Eugene?