Dirty Words

Viewing 19 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Recent conversations here bring up a point I knew would come into play sooner or later.

In the interest of this site succeeding and doing the best it can, we should probably not allow the 7 dirty words here. Trust me, I use all of them on a daily basis and I have no problem with them. But they might scare off a few. If you don’t what what they are, google “George Carlin 7 dirty words.”

I can add a filter which would replace the words so it would be sh!t or shiznit or something. Or I could ask that you don’t use words which might scare off other members.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

And I’m NOT going to replace the word Kentucky, so don’t worry about that.

THEeyepatch
      Ute Fan
      @theeyepatch1

Yeah, I got off my rocker a little bit the other night and most of the time, I have a pretty clean mouth online or in my private life. I’ll keep it clean but I do like to use ‘jackass’ a lot so if it slips, sorry. lol

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Jackass is fine. F-bombs, s-bombs and such might hurt the site and it’s google rankings… Hate to have to filter stuff but it is probably for the best.

89ute
        Ute Fan
        @89ute

Tony, I get it that it’s your board, your rules. Help me understand this google rating thing? I’m guessing that it helps sell advertising. I fully understand the need for revenue. I would be in favor of donating and swearing over free and conservative vocabulary.

AZswayze
          Ute Fan
          @AZswayze

I second this.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Fricken A

CrimsonUteBC
      Ute Fan
      @crimsonutebc

Fetch that. I’m out

SouthJordanUte
      Ute Fan
      @southjordanute

What in the Sam Hill are we talking about?

leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

SUN ON THE BEACH!

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Bunch o’ gosh darn effing comedians eh?

UTE98
        Ute Fan
        @ute98

You know the other day I GOT DOWN off my horse and stepped in a pile of SHIFTing sand clear up to my ASBESTOS boots, FOR Crying out loud!!!!!!

Daedalus17
          Ute Fan
          @daedalus17

Got Down Sat on a Bench!

utahpunk
      Ute Fan
      @utahpunk

Mother of Pearl!

IrieUte
      Ute Fan
      @irieute

Oh Raspberries!

utahpunk
      Ute Fan
      @utahpunk

I am awful at posting pictures…

• This reply was modified 8 years, 6 months ago by utahpunk.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Need some help?

RedLine
      Ute Fan
      @redline

Not objecting to the decision, but there might be a niche among Utah fan boards for letting the speech fly. All the other Utah boards keep it MPAA covered also. But in other state fan boards there are certainly popular boards that let it fly.

Tacoma Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tacomaute

What the **** are you talking about?

Tacoma Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tacomaute

Is there a way to put a profanity filter in settings? Maybe it could default to censoring or altering those words but give you the option to turn the filter off?

Homer Crimson
        Ute Fan
        @homercrimson

This, so much. I’ve seen it on a few sites and it’s great. Sometimes, it’s just really satisfying to drop an F-bomb. Yes, it probably speaks to my low character and intellectual deficiencies, but $%#@ it, sometimes a fetchity-flip just doesn’t get it done.

Tacoma Ute
          Ute Fan
          @tacomaute

When a word is censored or altered I think it actually makes you think of the intended cuss word more than if it was actually typed. It’s not like nobody knows what was meant. It actually makes you stop and think about said word much longer.

I do think “fetch” and “flip” should be banned though. I get extremely upset by those for some reason. I think it stems from a couple assholes who used to play basketball at the Deseret Gym 30 years ago.

AZswayze
            Ute Fan
            @AZswayze

Along with shiz. Used to drive me crazy when a couple of guys I worked with years ago would drop it every five seconds. You might as well just cuss if you’re going to be so silly as to alter one letter in some weird effort to make yourself feel better about not actually cursing.

AZswayze
          Ute Fan
          @AZswayze

Yes, it is a nice feature of that site that shall not be named.

AZswayze
      Ute Fan
      @AZswayze

Are you cereal? We’re all adults here, and we all hear bad words in our daily lives. Are people really so sensitive that their little world is shattered if somebody drops an f-bomb? Sorry, but I find this ridiculous, and totally fits in line with the Utah stereotypes. I mean have you been to other sports message boards. Ours are super tame in comparison even without the profanity bans.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 6 months ago by AZswayze.

Substiute
      Ute Fan
      @substiute

dirty

• This reply was modified 8 years, 6 months ago by Substiute.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

HAHA

bopahull
      Ute Fan
      @bopahull

No George Carlin then?

Viewing 19 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.