One year ago I made the decision to start a Ute fan site…

Viewing 9 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

One year ago today: After UFN brought my phone to its knees and after reading the outcry of complaints about the ads and redirects on that site, and after reading about some crazy events taking place there which I don’t feel the need to mention, I made the decision to build my own Ute Fan site… Here’s a link to the first post:
      https://www.utehub.com/ute-hub-under-construction/

One year ago today I started to build Ute Hub. It would take only 24 hours for me to get the domain registered, the framework up and running, and actually working. I build and host websites, so nice to use some of my tools and skills for some REAL cool projects haha.

Tomorrow marks the 1 year anniversary of Ute Hub.

ChooseTheRed
      Ute Fan
      @choosethered

Thanks and long may it live!

• This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by ChooseTheRed.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Congrats! Necessity the mother of invention.

UTE98
      Ute Fan
      @ute98

And I think we all appreciate it. It has been nice to visit a site with sports talk, good insight and none of the “drama.” And I’ll just leave it at that.

Thanks Tony. Much appreciated.

Anonymous
      Inactive

It is kind of funny how much that site sucks compared to this one.  I would pity the people who continue to post on that site but they seem to wallow in the filth of that site.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thank you so much! I am excited for this board and the direction it is going. It is nice going to a place where we can talk Ute football without the baggage and drama of the other site!

Utah man forever
      Ute Fan
      @uman

You da man Tony, thanks!

leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

Wow, time flies. Thanks for all you do, Tony.

UtahSig
      Ute Fan
      @utahsig

Yeah, I remember on the other site when you said you were going to build this one. At the time I really was hoping you could make another site that would draw a critical mass, but I was kind of doubtful there would be enough support. I am so glad I was wrong.

I am a Utah sports fanatic, so I sincerely appreciate what you have built here, the congenial culture here and (I was literally just thinking this as I was looking at the “Recent Post” page) the clean design with minimal, and non-intrusive ads.

You are a credit to Utah fans everywhere. Now let’s all show Tony some appreciation and help him continue to grow this thing. I would love for this site to be the default fan forum for Utah sports.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Thanks for the great comments @utahsig

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Misc One year ago I made the decision to start a Ute fan site…