So, the whole #hometownhero thing didn’t really workout…

Viewing 6 reply threads

therealu
      Ute Fan
      @therealu

I like this class a lot, but would have liked to have seen the top Utah talent sign with the Utes.

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

It sucks, for sure, but it isn’t a big deal long term. This was a small class. If we had a full 25 scholarships, we’d would have signed 4+ more Utah kids. Tufele was the big loss there, and reality is that five star kids go to USC. So, even that isn’t a true loss. 

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

We need to be realistic about Utah’s place in the college football landscape.  Tufele had offers from USC, Ohio State, and Michigan among many other top schools.  Harbaugh and Meyer came to his house to personally recruit him.

I consider it a positive that we were in his final list of schools.  To have Utah’s hat there with the likes of USC, tOSU, and Michigan is something that would have never happened 5-6 years ago.

We need to appreciate how far we’ve come and just accept that we don’t have Song Girls and warm weather year-round.  

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

Oddly, I think if Utah lost lotilelei we may get have had a better shot at Tufele.

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

I’d rather have Lowell. We are fine at DT. As far as importance to our class, Tufele wasn’t very high. It would have had a lot symbolic meaning, landing an instate 5 star kid, but we will be just fine. We need the WR’s we signed, and the CB’s more. 

Anonymous
          Inactive

If that is the trade off I would much rather have a senior Lotulelei. Star was amazing his senior season the game really slows down for them finally and they play loose. Just feels like Star was a whole lot more relaxed his senior year to. LL is going to beast it this season. 

5DollarShake
      @5dollarshake

The head scratcher is that Kalani has brought in 5 defensive ends from Utah in one recruiting class, after losing 5 total defensive players (in the 3-deep) to graduation. This may be because they’re going on missions, but it doesn’t look like they’ll be on the field all that soon.

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

Kalani is trying hard to stop a sinking ship. He is taking anyone and everyone he can get, to make himself look better. It’s smart. 

Whether or not it pays off…that is to be seen. 

The real question comes in one year. If BYU’s class is still in the 50’s…then BYU is what BYU is, no coach will change that. 

BYU had better start winning 10 games a year and quick, before all this Kalani shine wears off. 

Like I posted earlier, it is time for a good old fashioned beat down. 

Tacoma Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tacomaute

I look forward to the one that says “byu last PLAYED Utah 2,622 days ago.”

pedro
      Ute Fan
      @pedro

See, I don’t get this.  My perspective is who the crap cares.  If we are getting a top 30 class and continue to well in the PAC, I really don’t care where the kid is from.  Now it is nice to cheer on the local boys and I know JT so that would’ve been awesome, but in the end, Our D will be great and that’s all that matters.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football So, the whole #hometownhero thing didn’t really workout…