Utah will win Saturday IF: (________)

Viewing 16 reply threads

bigmanUTE
      Ute Fan
      @bigmanute

They win the turnover battle. I think this game will be closer than people think.

Anonymous
      Inactive

the offense takes care of the ball and Wilson starts.

Ute Bc
      Ute Fan
      @utebc

We open up the offense and use the whole field (10 yards and beyond)

Anonymous
        Inactive

Won’t happen Utah is incapable of doing it. Chase Hansen is the only one capable of doing it with that flea flicker play. Control the game, win in the trenches and punch Oregon in the mouth.

Wilson’s Mustache
      Ute Fan
      @sigmaute

Utah shuts down Oregon’s rushing offense.

&

Utah has long sustained drives that put points on the board.

This is the Stanford recipe that has been so successful against Oregon.

Hockeybeard
        Ute Fan
        @hockeybeard

Basically my thoughts too. Keep Oregon from leaning on their run, make their QB uncomfortable in the pocket, and then when we have the ball keep the drive going long and keep their offense off the field and out of sync.

leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

WE SCORE MORE POINTS THAN THEY DO.

Boom.

Yep – you heard it here first.

Hockeybeard
        Ute Fan
        @hockeybeard

UteStuckInSeattle
          Ute Fan
          @utestuckinseattle

I checked some stats and found that teams that lead the game at the end of the 4th quarter win a STAGGERING 100% percent of the time.

Seriously though, Utah needs to find a way to put points on the board quite a bit more often than we typically do. I think our defense has the ability to slow down Oregon but not completely stop it.

I think 30 points is the magic number for this game. If Utah can keep Oregon to under 30 and be within a touchdown by mid-4th quarter we’ll be in good shape.

GadValleyUte
            Ute Fan
            @maximumkungfu

let’s see common core curriculum teach those sort of analytic skills.

THEeyepatch
      Ute Fan
      @theeyepatch1

Keep the Ducks offense off the field, 50% or better conversion rate on 3rd down, control the clock, no knucklehead penalties, Utah has a balanced offense, Travis Wilson plays the game of his career (think against OSU a couple of years ago minus the INT’s), Booker batters the Duck front-7 into submission, Special Teams TD’s, ‘Fat guy’ defensive TD’s (lol)… so in general, A PERFECT GAME!

Who knows, maybe the Ducks will be looking past Utah towards their big game with Colorado?

High Uintas
      Ute Fan
      @highuintas

Utah has to limit Oregon’s big plays. Make them grind it out and they’ll stall and make mistakes. Let them score on 90 second drives and we’re toast.

GiantUte
      Ute Fan
      @giantute

…they (repeatedly) carry the ball across the goal line.

What, too soon?

utejeph
      Ute Fan
      @utejeph

Wilson passes for over 250 yards. I know that is a tall task, but if that happens, Booker will get his 100+ and we will win.

SanDiegoUteFan
      Ute Fan
      @sandiegoutefan

1. Our D line and linebackers can apply pass pressure early and often.
      2. We get 14-17 points on turnovers, while limiting ours to zero or one.
      3. Hackett keeps the field lopsided.
      4. TW nickels and dimes Oregon with long sustained drives resulting in points.

Anonymous
        Inactive

Utah hasnt been great at points off turnovers. Unless it is immediately a score by the defense.

Astute Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tstruct

Listening to 1080Fan online (Oregon Radio) Pretty interesting, I have never listened to another schools radio hosts…except for TDS local radio ugh. They think in order for Utah to win TW7 needs to beat them in the air.

TorontoUte
        Ute Fan
        @torontoute

Sounds accurate to me

1standshort
      @1standshort

Royce under 100, lock down corner play and Travis throws 70%

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Not sure we can score enough points to keep up with them. But if it becomes a defensive battle I like our chances.

UtahMan
      Ute Fan
      @bdalleyunion-utah-edu

The run game has drastically improved and our O-line gets good push throughout the game. We need to limit their possessions if we don’t want a completely gassed defense in the 4th Q.

oc_ute
      Ute Fan
      @ocute

hand the ball to the official on a TD. sorry i’ll never get the 14 point swing / fan deflation out of my head…. someone had to say it : )

Rick
      Ute Fan
      @rickyrules

Play physical and beat them in the trenches. It is how Stanford beat them two years in a row.

bigmanUTE
        Ute Fan
        @bigmanute

I think utah will do just that. thinking 24-27 utah in a nail biter

U-Diddy
        Ute Fan
        @u-diddy

Good point. Stanford beat them by getting O-line push and getting 3-4 yards every play, and capping off long drives with TDs. Keeping their offense sidelined and from getting in rhythm. For us to win with that style, our O-line will have to run block better than it has thus far, which I think it can do.

U-Diddy
      Ute Fan
      @u-diddy

We throw downfield to open the running lanes. Remember last year, that was how we got off to such a great start against Oregon. Their secondary is much weaker this year after losing two CBs to the NFL, but their front 7 remains relatively stout. If we can throw in chunks, Booker will be unleashed and this game could be very interesting.

Viewing 16 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Utah will win Saturday IF: (________)