2020 recruiting

Viewing 4 reply threads

Cesar Chavez
      Ute Fan
      @le-cockgrande

2021 recruits to keep an eye on for the next couple of months. All have Utah in their top 3 schools.

4* WR Troy Franklin (CA)

4* WR Keon Coleman

4* ILB Meson Tufaga (HW) expected 100% going to UTAH

4* RB Byron Cardwell  (CA) 

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

247 has Franklin listed as a 5*. I would literally lose my sh*t if we got him.

3 2

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Getting any of them would be great, based on their star rating. But if I was a 4-5* receiver would I go to Utah? 

Larry B
          Ute Fan
          @larryb

To be a guaranteed starter from day one I would definitely consider Utah. Especially if the coaching staff stays together.

Tony (admin)
            Admin/Founder
            @admin

Yeah you could look at it two ways.  Be one of many 4-5 stars at USC or somewhere, and lost in the noise, or the GOTO player on the offense at Utah.

Central Coast Ute
            Ute Fan
            @flip2848

Utah will have to take a bug step forward in the passing game to land this guy. Even being the day one starter might not be enough to convince a kid with that kind of talent to come and block for Wilmore.

Utesbyfive
          Ute Fan
          @utesbyfive

We’ve had a couple 4* receivers recently, Ken Scott, and Solomon Enis, who did not prove to be go-to guys. So let’s temper expectations maybe?

PhiladelphiaUte
        Ute Fan
        @philadelphiaute

Rivals has Franklin as a 4-star WR, and favoring UWa and Tex ahead of Utah.  They also have him listed as the #22 player nationally, and the 5th-ranked WR in his class.  This is HUGE!

At a “6.0 rivals rank”, he’s just shy of a “5-star” ranking.  A “5-star” rankiing would require a “6.1 rivals rank”.  Rivals currently has only fourteen “5-star” guys right now.

FtheY
      Ute Fan
      @fthey

Paging Pace Manyung….

It’s great to see some high profile guys interested in us. We’ve gone from getting guys where we were their only D1 offer, to guys with top 5s, now top 3’s. Now we have to get some of them to start breaking our way. 

This most recent class was a good start, let’s keep the momentum going. 

5 2

User Suspended
        @a2ute

Yea, I mentioned  Meson Tufaga a few weeks ago. To your point – can kwhit close the deal? will the go into next Dec-Jan?

The best thing is to get a couple 4* on board and have them help recruit – Especially a QB

Cesar Chavez
      Ute Fan
      @le-cockgrande

I forgot to mention, even though it’s a long shot, but Peter Costelli (4* QB from CA)is expected to announce his commitment this summer. Utah is also in his top 5.

FtheY
        Ute Fan
        @fthey

His teammate was Keanu Tanuvasa, the lineman mission kid we just got. Hopefully Costelli signs too. 

Cesar Chavez
      Ute Fan
      @le-cockgrande

I think how many of these recruits Utah lands will largely depend on how next season goes. If Utah has a similar season or better than last, then 2021 could be a top 25 or better class.

EastCoastUte
        Ute Fan
        @eastcoastute

i feel like that would be alittle hard, due to the fact that we are rebuilding our defense…I’m hoping our offense will be lights out this year.

User Suspended
          @a2ute

Lights out? LOL!

Utes are replacing a QB with someone we’ve never seen  and RB with like 8 guys who really didn’t move the needle.  Let’s hope the Utes are average on offense 

EastCoastUte
            Ute Fan
            @eastcoastute

I’m a Bentley believer, the Receivers have had 1 year under Lugwigs system plus with majority upper classmen, I’m hoping they are just polishing up routes at this point, and Utah has always done a fine job replacing RB… year in, year out.

Come at me @Pace.

Charlie
              Ute Fan
              @charlie

A healthy Covey will make a big difference.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football 2020 recruiting