2023 Mock draft CPIII

Viewing 3 reply threads

wcrunner
      Ute Fan
      @wcrunner

From today’s Athletic

First round

19. Arizona Cardinals: Clark Phillips III, CB, Utah

The tape of last year’s Rose Bowl is a good example of why CJ Stroud and Jaxon Smith-Njigba are well-liked by NFL scouts. But the same could be said for Phillips, who gave up a few plays but whose cover talent, including an interception, was impressive vs. the Buckeyes.

Johnny
      Ute Fan
      @johnny

DBs go high, and he’s definitely elite. Barring injury, definitely a top 10 pick. 

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

Don’t forget his strip on a sure touchdown. Textbook form. Pin the free arm, to prevent the ball carrier from covering up.

DrJazzy
      Ute Fan
      @docute

Clark is really good – but his size may prevent him from being a true cover corner…NFL teams probably view him more as a nickle corner – and those guys are typically 3rd round picks since they are much less valuable.

However, Darrell Green was like a 5’7 shutdown corner so there’s that.

CP3 was really good against future NFL WR’s.

//r00t4Utes
        Ute Fan
        @r00t4utes

Not if to you’re the Dolphins. They drafted a CB to play the nickel with the 30th pick instead of Jaylen Johnson. The kid was out of Auburn Noah Igbinoghene… likely to be cut or released. Gawd being a Phins fan sure can be infuriating

DrJazzy
          Ute Fan
          @docute

Lol. 

I cringe wheb I see teams draft an RB in the first round. Unless they look like Adrian Peterson, then I’ll allow. 

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football 2023 Mock draft CPIII