First game in Logan since 2012.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

8/29 is a Thursday

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

We should treat the USU game next year as an added home game. It is an easy road game and better than going south. However, Logan is not big so leave early.

NarfUte
      Ute Fan
      @narfute

It’s a 2 for 1. They come to SLC in 2026 and 2031

1 1

cicampbe
      Ute Fan
      @cicampbe

I know we had Baylor scheduled a long time ago. How does this fit in with our conference schedule? We get an extra conference game? I assume it counts as an in conference game for purposes of ranking?

NarfUte
        Ute Fan
        @narfute

The baylor game counts as non-conference this year to finish out the contract

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

NM

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

We could lose to Baylor, finish with a worse overall record than Baylor, have a better conference record than Baylor and make the conference championship game and playoffs while Baylor gets left out.

In other words: It doesn’t matter at all.

Utehomer42
      Ute Fan
      @24cdalby

Next year, Rice Eccles North

PlainsUte
        Ute Fan
        @plainsute

Is that the stadium with the fault line running through the middle of the stands?

DataUte
          Ute Fan
          @scotwaye

I thought that was Cal

Charlie
          Ute Fan
          @charlie

It is the stadium that back in the day… had open air urinals on the east side, but that was only because trees and bushes were closer than the small restrooms.

DataUte
      Ute Fan
      @scotwaye

Utah St. has @ USC the week before us. Hence, we moved Baylor to Sep 7 (who will need to reschedule their home game against AFA, probably to Sep 14th which is open for the Cadets).

22Ute22
      Ute Fan
      @utedagoat

We owe Utah State a monstrous beat down in their stadium. That 2012 loss still lives in my head 😡

Charlie
        Ute Fan
        @charlie

I do remember in Logan, in the 90s, RB Chris Ma’afala laying on the turf looking like he was riding a bike as fast as he could while a USU player had ahold of his junk. They actually noted he was not wearing a cup in the game write up. I also remember Jordan Winn taking a hit that I think ended a promising QB career. I also remember getting pulled over for speeding going to the game, when the officer saw I was going to the game, even in Utah gear, quickly let me go telling me to hurry to the game that will soon start.

2008 National Champ
      Ute Fan
      @cptmrgn05

I’m glad State is back on the schedule but I would like to know why Harlan seems allergic to getting 7 home games when it is the practice of every other P5 to do so. For years with 5 conference road games, there should always be 3 home non-con.

Charlie
        Ute Fan
        @charlie

It would be nice, but I don’t think Harlan is opposed. Maybe the other Pac team had more money to make it happen since I think the going rate is 1/2M$ to get a team to come in. 7 home games has always been uncommon. I think that was part of the problem with scheduling USU. For years we traded home and home with neither paid. Moving into the Pac we wanted 2 for 1 or one offs which changed the payment calculus and upset some wagon somewhere.

2008 National Champ
          Ute Fan
          @cptmrgn05

every home/home with a G5 he’s signed up has been road first and coincides with the years Utah is set for 5 conference home games. if it happens every time, it has to be deliberate

NarfUte
            Ute Fan
            @narfute

If he doesn’t alternate 6 and 7 home games, how are they going to raise ticket prices? Oh, your price is the same as last year (6 games this year vs 7 last year) then oh, your per game price is the same! (7 games vs 6)

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football 2024 non-conf schedule has been finalized