247 rankings

Viewing 6 reply threads
      4 5

User Suspended
      @a2ute

For those who have yet to block me – help me out on this..

247 has Utah ranked 29th and Ark at 30.  Both have the same amount of commits (21) same amount of 4* (4) and same amout of 3* (17).

Yet, Ark has a higher recruit avg. ARK. 86.75  Utah 86.53

Why would ARK be ranked below Utah?

https://247sports.com/Season/2020-Football/CompositeTeamRankings/

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

It makes no sense to me. The only thing I can think of is maybe they havent reorganized the rankings yet?

5 1

RiseasUtes
      Ute Fan
      @riseasutes

Because some guys are worth more points according to 247.  Certain positions may be worth more etc.  Either way it’s our highest rated class we’ve ever had and you’ll find something to bitch about regardless.  

User Suspended
        @a2ute

“Because some guys are worth more points according to 247” What does this mean? If they’re worth more points should they not get more points?

Not trying to attack – just trying to figure out how 247 is putting this ranking together

RiseasUtes
          Ute Fan
          @riseasutes

Each recruit is worth a certain amount of points and those points can change depending on how many recruits the team has.  I’m not sure exactly how the algorithm works, but that’s what the 213.5 or whatever is figured out for the teams overall points and ranking.  It helps to have more recruits, but it does try to balance out teams that don’t have as many commitments.

ThurstonW
            Ute Fan
            @thurstonw

Different positions also have different weighting factors (ie a 4* OC doesn’t help the team as much as a 4*QB).

noneyadb
              Ute Fan
              @noneyadb

I’d love to see evidence of this statemant. No QB puts up numbers without an oline that can give him time.

RiseasUtes
          Ute Fan
          @riseasutes

User Suspended
            @a2ute

This I can understand

1 3

crazyute
              Ute Fan
              @crazyute

What, is it a crayon and coloring book?

User Suspended
            @a2ute

Just goes to show you how big of deal CP3 was to this class  – he accounted for 27.47 of Utah’s total points.

The best 3* ( Conner O’Toole) came in at  16.58.

When a Alabama or Clemson gets 4-5  5* it changes everything when it comes to rankings

9 2

AlohaUte
      Ute Fan
      @alohaute

To be fair to Pace, this post was not him complaining and you complaining about him here really isn’t necessary.

2 1

RiseasUtes
        Ute Fan
        @riseasutes

To be fair I responded to Pace, that’s more fair than he deserves 90% of the time.

bopahull
      Ute Fan
      @bopahull

As you always point out, Utah does more with less, so our lessor recruits will achieve more.

User Suspended
        @a2ute

Whut? how does this answer my question?  Focus!

BoxerUte
      Ute Fan
      @erichagen

You have a lot of free time. 

User Suspended
        @a2ute

Love Boxers terriers – Have an old Boston and thinking on getting a boxer when his time up.

Utahute72
      Ute Fan
      @utahute72

The 247 ranking is a composite ranking that factors in all the ranking services. The stars shown are from the Scout site (the one they own). Since different services give different ratings there can be some variance like you refer to between the star ratings and the 247 ranking.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football 247 rankings