87 Days to Kickoff

Viewing 1 reply thread

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

#87 Thomas Yassmin, RS Junior TE, 6-5 248

Thomas Yassmin came to Utah in 2018 from Sydney, Australia via Scots College in NSW, having never played American football.   He was a rugby player recruited for his size, athleticism and intellegence.  He is a student of business analytics and the tight end position.  He earned his BS in Quantitative Analysis Markets & Business, in May, 2022.   To date he has mainly been used in special teams where he’s logged a few tackles, but this year will be needed to fill-out the 2- and 3-TE sets.  Let’s hope he graduates Freddie Whittingham’s Tight End School Magna Cum Laude.

#87 Thomas Yassmin

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

I have been anxious to see his rugby skills migrate to the football field.  I am hoping he can be a big part of replacing production.

PlainsUte
        Ute Fan
        @plainsute

His is a great story and I would love to see a huge season for him.   Similar to Yassim, Dalton Kincaid had only played one year of HS football before going to Univ of San Diego.  Dalton has some significant plays on ohfense on his resume already, not so much for Yassmin, yet.

UrbanLiar
          Ute Fan
          @urbanliar

Kind of admire Yassmin for getting a headbutting penalty against the Ducks in the PAC12 championship game.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football 87 Days to Kickoff