A couple of awards

Viewing 2 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

These are from me.

Most improved: Bam – This is not even close IMO.  He has become a beast.

Best player that I had never heard about: Cole Bishop. – I never heard of him and now he has become one of our most important defensive players.

The Team-Leader: Covey – He is the guy who keeps things in perspective, has a sense of humor, loves his fellow players and they love him.  He gives everything he has.  How often do you see this little guy run out of bounds to avoid a hit from a much larger player.  On top of all this, he is the academic leader.  The Utes are so lucky he decided to come here.

Yergensen
      Ute Fan
      @yergensen

Cole Bishop is a poster child for our prowess in evaluating db and safety talent. Georgia kid, a place we don’t recruit much, and not heavily recruited. Commits to Duke and if I recall correctly it was more for the education. We see him and mad push for him. He flips and I think one of the reasons he gave for flipping was he wanted to give playing in the NFL a chance. It makes me think we told him he was an NFL talent.

When it comes to the dbs that we recruit, we shouldn’t question anything. Not the star rating, not the quality of offers, question nothing. Kid could be a 2 star out of San Diego with zero offers. We are best in the business at evaluating not only P5 dB talent but NFL db talent.

Charlie
        Ute Fan
        @charlie

Cole also had an offer from Stanford so I can only guess he didn’t feel the education from the U was very far off from Duke and Stanford. Others viewed him as a LBer we were happy to play him at safety. He has taken advantage of openings that have come up in the safety room. I am hoping he is with us long enough to pair him with Ritchie and Latu. As for stars, we have a long list of Pac awards for a great number of 3 star recruits.

dystopiamembrane
          Ute Fan
          @dystopiamembrane

“…I can only guess he didn’t feel the education from the U was very far off from Duke and Stanford.”

How do you guess he came to that conclusion?

Kirk Kettner
      Ute Fan
      @cwatkins02

Lol I just got an image of someone showing up to practice asking for clearance to enter the building, holding three ProudUte Award plaques to hand out 

And now I totally think you should do it because I agree with each of those statements 

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football A couple of awards