A reality check for those of you who think we can do better at Head Coach

Viewing 2 reply threads
      14 1

RedRocks
      Ute Fan
      @hypodactylus

I, for one, think Kyle Whittingham is one of the best CFB coaches in the country (let alone the P12) and have no desire to move on, but there always seems to be this contingent of fans that question how good we have it with Mr. Whittingham.  I think these fans forget where the job is located…

PAC-12 Coaching Jobs Ranked By Coaches

Don’t get me wrong, there are things that I like about living in Utah, but there is plenty that I don’t.

shakeitsugaree
      Ute Fan
      @shakeitsugaree

Article was interesting, thanks for posting

sweetgrass
      Ute Fan
      @sweetgrass

there is and probably will always be a stigma attached to this state because of the predominate religion.  That is both a blessing and a curse IMO.  We get a few players because of that perception, and lose out on a number of recruits because of it.

I think I heard Steve Bartle say last week that there are a percentage of recruits that just wont even consider Utah.

Anonymous
        Inactive

Eno Benjamin. Of course, he wouldn’t have had the same opportunity behind Zack that he’s getting now. 

6 1

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

I will take the Hansen and Coveys any day over some of the athletes. Whitt and his staff always seem to find diamonds as well.  Player development one of the best in the country. 

sweetgrass
          Ute Fan
          @sweetgrass

true, especially with DL, DB’s, OL and RB’s and it appears this year that we may have finally looped in LB’s and QB’s into that mix

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

WR is improving. Utah isn’t going to be snagging Harry’s or Carringtons out of high school but overall Coach Holliday is doing a fine job. 

Stone
              Ute Fan
              @stone

Enis would disagree.

EagleMountainUte
                Ute Fan
                @battlegroundute

Agreed. Who was a Tuttle pull right?  Also that 6’9 kid Utah recently got looking pretty good. I would love to have Stanford’s options at WR. 

Anonymous
                  Inactive

And they would love to have our DL. 

Anonymous
                Inactive

I was just about to say…

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football A reality check for those of you who think we can do better at Head Coach