ACC looking to expand with teams from Pac12

Viewing 2 reply threads

Crow
      Ute Fan
      @crow

Anyone heard more rumors about the ACC and Pac12 talking again?

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

“We could have a super conference both athletically and academically,” [North Carolina chancellor] Guskiewicz texted, according to the News & Observer. “Probably would need to be called the Atlantic-Pacific Athletic Conference (APAC). Maybe that’s crazy, but if it would get us a better TV deal, it may be worth considering.”

espn.com article

Tednab
        Ute Fan
        @tednab

Mm .. a Logistic nightmare for scheduling .

Onlyu
          Ute Fan
          @uf8fl

I said it at the beginning. There will be more than 2 relevant conferences. ACC/Pac combine. West/East. 1 home crossover and 1 road crossover in football so like a normal preseason except 2 guaranteed bigger games. 9 game conf schedule playing the champ against the East (ACC) winner. Aligns very well academically.

Same with other sports. Wouldn’t be difficult at all and increases tv money substantially. ACC GOR is the main challenge.

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

While the SEC sits down in the South and remains fresh. College football regular season will be really poop.  But it gives us a PROPER playoff finally.  

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

The text messages were obtained via a foia request. I’m guessing they were aren’t a while ago. I’m sure it has been discussed ESPN. It would take them being very accommodating with the ACC GOR. personally, I hope to see it.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football ACC looking to expand with teams from Pac12