Admin actions today

Viewing 10 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I’ve suspended a couple of accounts today. Haven’t permanently banned or deleted them… yet. It seems that some users’ comments are taking over threads and shifting the focus from the topic to themselves. I’ve been deleting “irrelevant” comments for awhile and I’ve grown tired of that, and tired of giving 2nd chances, and third chances… Before I started UteHub I had no idea what babysitting and BS I’d have to go through with trolls and such. I’m too forgiving and give too much benefit of the doubt. That’s coming to an end. 🙂

8 1

AlohaUte
      Ute Fan
      @alohaute

Thanks for all you do. If it weren’t for your efforts, this could easily devolve into Cougarboard or, heaven forbid, what UteFans.net used to be.

7 1

Roy Rangum
        Ute Fan
        @royrangum

Thanks Tony. I agree that there were definitely some posters who were taking over threads with comments that weren’t really helpful, so your efforts to moderate that are much appreciated.

That said, I do actually appreciate that some posters have views contrary to the rest. I feel like I often get more out of threads where people are debating different points of view. But hopefully these suspensions can be a good lesson to not abuse the opportunity to debate ideas (rather than devolving into personal attacks / issues).

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

Well that’s the catch. I think we need varying opinions.  I thought it was dumb to go for it on 4th and goal against USC, others thought it was brilliant! 

There are times when said suspended users had decent takes and posted decent content. But then they get off track on weird and awkward takes, and devolve into unwanted and irrelevant garbage. 

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

Opinions on actual sports topics can be interesting as long as we understand it is subjective and open for discussion. The moment you start to act like you know all of the answers or insult someone for a subjective view it becomes a problem. Just my opinion obviously. 

As far as trolls go Utehub hasn’t had many. I blocked I believe the problem ones because I just don’t have time to waste reading trolls. 

13 3

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

I’m not sure if Dystopia was one of the suspended accounts or not, but my opinion is that he is definitely a troll and is only here to make this board a less enjoyable place. His bigoted comments against the LDS faith alone should have gotten him banned (again, just my opinion).

Have you ever thought of running the board like Survivor? Maybe every month we all vote one person off 😂.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

That’s a hillarious idea. But I suppose users could treat that as a badge of honor… 

5 1

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

That would be fun… Until I got voted off on the first vote.

WasatchRanger
      Ute Fan
      @luke8675

Thank you Tony! I don’t think contrary opinions are bad, but there is a line between being contrary and being hurtful/consistently trolling/focusing on things not Ute related. I think there are accounts that have crossed that line, and hopefully this board will follow suit!

AZUTE
      Ute Fan
      @azute

Thank you!!!

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Thanks Tony.  You do a great job!!!

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

You have a good balance between open and annoying, thank you.

Dallas
      Ute Fan
      @dallas

Thanks Tony. Must be tough to have to make these calls.

belli1976
      Ute Fan
      @belli1976

I hope Dystopia figures out how to reign it in.

He is a great resource to know what is going on in all Ute sports. Not just the majors.

5 1

PhiladelphiaUte
        Ute Fan
        @philadelphiaute

No he isn’t.  All he does is go to UtahUtes.com, and copy-paste.  Plagiarizing UtahUtes.com doesn’t actually qualify one as “a great resource…in all Ute sports”.  It qualifies UtahUtes.com as one.  And you can go there at anytime.  You don’t need dystopia to do it for you.

belli1976
          Ute Fan
          @belli1976

Yea I don’t have to go sifting through UtahUtes.com to find all that stuff.

Makes my life easier.

belli1976
          Ute Fan
          @belli1976

Yea I don’t have to go to utahutes.com. Makes my life easier.

4 1

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

Dystopia’s obsessively posting about certain things makes me wonder if he’s a troll, or if he has some sort of thing going on like Asbergers.

Roy Rangum
          Ute Fan
          @royrangum

I have repeatedly had the thought that he is someone with Aspergers. And I don’t say that as a negative thing. I have a child with Aspergers and firmly believe that it’s the people who are mildly autistic that make the world go round, as they are often the scientists, engineers, and the brilliant individuals that actually do things that change how we live.

That said, it can also make interactions in an online board difficult. And I totally respect Tony’s efforts to make this a place that’s enjoyable for everyone.

UteBacker
            Ute Fan
            @utebacker

He does. I can’t remember the exact diagnosis, but he admitted it on here a couple of years ago… for what it’s worth.

PhiladelphiaUte
              Ute Fan
              @philadelphiaute

You can’t believe a single thing Dystopia says.  One week he’s an uber pious conservative Mormon, whose wife is President of the Relief Society, and the next he’s a hard partying, hard drinking, craft brewer from Portland.

I don’t think he has Aspergers.  I think he’s just an attention whore.  And that’s why he loses his s**t every time somebody gives him a thumbs down.

thirtyfour-thirtyone
          Ute Fan
          @thirtyfour-thirtyone

I really liked the way Dystopia would post about non-football/bball stuff, but the inevitable 4-6 straight replies to the same post was too much (in addition to the other nonsense). 

idahoute
      Ute Fan
      @tfute

Right call Tony.

Dystopia wasn’t harmless.  He Is smart and definitely has an agenda with the forum which is  not the proper place.  

I couldn’t figure out how to block him. So happy to not have to filter through 10,000 “red” posts.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

I must be doing something wrong if members here can’t figure out how to block others. I’m always here if you need help and there’s also the HELP page. 

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

Checking my login…checking my login…phew, I’m still here.

Thanks for keeping the riff raff to a minimum, Tony and everyone else who is supporting Tony.

Viewing 10 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Misc Admin actions today