Allegations

Viewing 3 reply threads

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

There is so much I won’t to say. But I’m going to keep it simple. Allegations of racist behavior especially in this day in age when the world is trying to change is a very serious thing. This cuts both ways. If anyone alleges bigotry or implies racism in any way. YouD better be damn sure there is proof or patterns or witnessess or something other than your word v there’s BEFORE making such claims. What ends up happening is it minimizes the term “racist” or “bigot” and becomes a he said she said or boy that cries roof scenario.  There’s no doubt the optics with this are bad. But to throw Whitt’s character under the bus in inexcusable IMO.  

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I haven’t been too tuned in on this. Is someone saying Whitt fired Holliday because he’s black? That’s completely idiotic if so. 

Utesbyfive
        Ute Fan
        @utesbyfive

Halliday’s son claimed that it was hypocritical due to racial bias in the disparate treatment of Guy vs. Scalley somehow. He jumped immediately to playing the race card.

Ute Dub
          Ute Fan
          @chestercopperpot

Holliday had his best outside wideout get up and leave to a DIVISION competitor. Nacua, an oftentimes starter, bolts. If Scalley had the same percentage of his starting defense leave as Hollidays contributing receivers, Scalley would be out.

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

To call Scalley a bigot at this point is also a cheap shot. He has paid for his sins, and displayed contrition. If you can’t accept his apology, and accept that he has changed and learned a lesson, is to admit that there will never be reconciliation, and that the equity movement will never advance. It says that it is a movement about perpetual grievance and frankly revenge. It’s an admission that the movement is doomed to fail.

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

We live in a racist, classist society. We all know it.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Our society has racists in it but disagree.  

dystopiamembrane
          Ute Fan
          @dystopiamembrane

Disagreeing with a truth does not make it false.

dystopiamembrane
            Ute Fan
            @dystopiamembrane

Go, Utes!

Tony (admin)
            Admin/Founder
            @admin

Because you believe what you say doesn’t make it true. 

dystopiamembrane
              Ute Fan
              @dystopiamembrane

Do you disagree with Ben & Jerry and their friend, science?
              null

Crazyforu
                Ute Fan
                @crazyforu

And yet you wonder why people don’t respond to the 12 messages you add to the board every morning. Come on now.

dystopiamembrane
                  Ute Fan
                  @dystopiamembrane

I don’t wonder why. I know why, @crazyforu. We actually already discussed it. Most people on this board are only interested in discussion regarding the Utah athletes who play football.

Crazyforu
                    Ute Fan
                    @crazyforu

Exactly. Most people on here do mostly care about football, same reason why 46k people have showed up to football games for 10 years straight, and not to softball or baseball.

We all know that racism exists, that doesn’t mean we are all racist. 

dystopiamembrane
                      Ute Fan
                      @dystopiamembrane

Did I say we are all racists? If I did, I take it back. Also, you could check yourself here, if you’re not sure.

dystopiamembrane
                        Ute Fan
                        @dystopiamembrane

Did you take the implicit bias test above?

dystopiamembrane
                  Ute Fan
                  @dystopiamembrane

Did you read the Ben & Jerry’s site I posted below?

2 1

dystopiamembrane
          Ute Fan
          @dystopiamembrane

Considering all that has been said, I have changed my mind. US society is not racist.

Anfernee
        Ute Fan
        @anfernee

There is always going to be nasty, hateful people but if you turn off the news, avoid Twitter and just talk to your neighbors, you’ll find that our country/society is far more harmonious than you’re being told.

dystopiamembrane
          Ute Fan
          @dystopiamembrane

I’m sure it makes it easier for you to believe that, but Ben & Jerry’s friend, science, tells a different story. See the link below.

dystopiamembrane
            Ute Fan
            @dystopiamembrane

PS Our neighbors tend to look and think like us.

Charlie
          Ute Fan
          @charlie

I agree.  We have lost our ability as a group to process information.  Rather than understanding what happens 99% of the time, we focus on the ‘one off’ extream data points as if they are the norm.  At this point, most of us can be convinced of anything if a single example of a negative outcome can be referenced.  Are people upset about what they have heard, upset about what they saw occur once, or upset about what they see daily or at a significant frequency?  Do we feel pressure to react to something we have never seen or experienced?  If so, shame has been weaponized.  It may become difficult to be sensitive to others while also avoiding manipulation.  Still, there are many hateful people out there, hopefully, we don’t assume there are more than actual.

dystopiamembrane
            Ute Fan
            @dystopiamembrane

Da Vinci Ute
              Ute Fan
              @davinciute

Can’t argue that this is clearly the best source of information…

dystopiamembrane
                Ute Fan
                @dystopiamembrane

I used it as a vehicle to reach folks on this board, a better choice than an academic paper on the subject.

dystopiamembrane
                  Ute Fan
                  @dystopiamembrane

And, truth comes in many flavours.

S.CarolinaUte
                    Ute Fan
                    @s-carolinaute

But your truth is YOUR truth/experiances. That’s the problem with society today. You only see the world tru you and those around you. My wife is black, two mixed children and we have lived in 5 differant states 3 different countries. I have been the the minority before and my wife several times. We have seen the ugliest this world has to offer. BUT we have also seen/lived tru times where noone treated us any differant because of the color of our skin. So see that’s my truth, and for you to dismiss mine/wife truth is just Ignorant. 

No offense meant, just showing you our truth and hoping you look past yours and those studies to see there is another truth out there.

dystopiamembrane
                      Ute Fan
                      @dystopiamembrane

Did you read the Ben & Jerry’s site I posted, @s-carolinaute? And, I didn’t dismiss your experience.

S.CarolinaUte
                        Ute Fan
                        @s-carolinaute

Yes I did but I dont need studies to tell me my own experiances and truths are not valid. Studies, surveys research papers are a dime a dozen. For every paper stating one side you can find another stating the opposite. Sorry but you will not convince me your truth overrides or is more factual than mine.

The differance is I will walk away saying your belief is your truth. While I will walk away saying my beliefs are the truth. 

Both sides disagrees with no hard facts to back up their end except for experiances and other peoples research and studies. 

Have a great day.

dystopiamembrane
                        Ute Fan
                        @dystopiamembrane

Research and academic studies are hard facts.

dystopiamembrane
                        Ute Fan
                        @dystopiamembrane

PS To be clear, is your truth that sometimes people weren’t racist toward you?

bopahull
                        Ute Fan
                        @bopahull

Research and academic studies tend to prove more often than not, what ever the author of said study wants it to. To say they are hard facts requires stringent peer review.

dystopiamembrane
                        Ute Fan
                        @dystopiamembrane

How do you feel about the peer review associated with the research shown on the Ben & Jerry’s site?

Rick
              Ute Fan
              @rickyrules

Where are the actual sources for these claims and “statistics?”  All I see is “one study…”  If you ask me, most of the issues on this webpage would be solved with better education opportunities.  Start there and I think you might be surprised how things can improve.  

dystopiamembrane
                Ute Fan
                @dystopiamembrane

They all have links. I missed them at first, too. I just went back and checked. Still there.

Rick
                  Ute Fan
                  @rickyrules

OK.  I will check them out.  Some of them are pretty thin “statistics” if you ask me.  

Charlie
        Ute Fan
        @charlie

This statement suggest society is mostly racist which is I don’t believe is true because it is not my experience at all.  Some bad apples do not define society.  

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.