Viewing 4 reply threads

Brettski
      Ute Fan
      @brettski

Mitch’s Punting Stats:
      Games: 7
      Punts: 30
      Avg Net Yards: 43.4 per punt
      Opponent Punt Return Yards: 27 (less than a yard / return)
      Touch Backs: 0

I love that there have been 0 touch backs.  

Warrior Ute
      Ute Fan
      @warriorute

I believe he is also 2 for 2 on fake punts.  I coldn’t find stats this is just my recall.

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

I actually would take a touchback or two in favor of pinning more inside the 10/5. Haven’t been many of those at all this year. Even when kicking from the 45 hes gone conservative putting them between the 15 and the 10

AgouraUte
      @agouraute

Alabama’s punters stats suck because they never punt.

BulgieUte
      Ute Fan
      @bulgieute

It would be interesting to see a stat that tracks % of the field rather than just yards. If a guy punts a 50 yarder from his own 20 that’s nice but a 40 yarder from the opponent’s 45 is better.

Staples
        Ute Fan
        @staples

This got me curious so I went through the play by play for each game and figured it out. Through 6 games he’s averaging 44.5 yards per punt and on average he’s kicking from the Utah 36. Factor in the small amount of return yards against and his net punting efficiency, or whatever you want to call it, is 67.3%. For comparison’s sake, our opponents net punting efficiency for this season is 56.9%. His best punt was his last, against Arizona. A 55 yard punt downed at the 2 for a cool 96.5%. Not sure what all of this tells us, but hey it’s something.

UtMtBiker
          Ute Fan
          @utmtbiker

You’re a bad ass. Fun read.  Thanks for driving into that.  

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Amazing Punting Statistics Through 7 Games